Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just had a steak bake from Greggs at Tottenham Hale.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I assume you normally do A1 -A66 which is the obvious way... the roads from Bedale through Leyburn are scenic but slow
    Well, I used to go M1/M6 but soon fell out of love with that, so M11/A1/A66, yes.

Will overnight in Stamford and arise at the crack of. I reckon 2 hours to Bedale and 2 hours acorss 't moor/fell/dale whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've worked out a new route to oop norf. I'm going to turn off the A1 at Bedale and cut right across the Yorkshire Dales, Moors, whatever they are.

Is it best to stick 't rurds?
    We usually do that. Through Wednesleydale. And other routes through Yorkshire. Much better than M1/M6 imo. Sometimes stop over somewhere too to break up the journey.

Well, I used to go M1/M6 but soon fell out of love with that, so M11/A1/A66, yes.

Will overnight in Stamford and arise at the crack of. I reckon 2 hours to Bedale and 2 hours acorss 't moor/fell/dale whatever.
    As I say, it is scenic but if you get stuck behind a tractor you could be there awhile
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We usually do that. Through Wednesleydale. And other routes through Yorkshire. Much better than M1/M6 imo. Sometimes stop over somewhere too to break up the journey.
    Some lovely roads round here/there..... I take them for granted now
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    As I say, it is scenic but if you get stuck behind a tractor you could be there awhile
    Hmm, good point.

Up and on the road by 5, perhaps. Half an hour for an A1 Little Chef breakfast. Bedale at 7:30. Windermere by 10, shopping in Booths until 12, fish and chips in Ambleside for lunch, arrive at cottage at 2.

Fúck me I know how to enjoy myself.

Hmm, good point.

Up and on the road by 5, perhaps. Half an hour for an A1 Little Chef breakfast. Bedale at 7:30. Windermere by 10, shopping in Booths until 12, fish and chips in Ambleside for lunch, arrive at cottage at 2.

Fúck me I know how to enjoy myself.
    Was it not your custom practice to take a few weeks tropical at this point of the year? Yet here you are discussing, with some apparent glee, a few days in the North of England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I arrange a meeting for the Friday morning somewhere in the midlands and overnight there to get an early dart on the Saturday. Stamford this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Was it not your custom practice to take a few weeks tropical at this point of the year? Yet here you are discussing, with some apparent glee, a few days in the North of England.
    It has been my custom to go to the tropics on 26th or 27th December, returning at the end of January; however, pressures of work have mitigated against this plan this year. I was able to take but 10 days in January, not long enough for a tropical break, but the Lakes were quite beautiful in the cold and frost. April will be a feast of new life, the countryside fair bursting with the first growth of a new year. Very spiritual.

Tropics in October tbh.

Oh well, on your subcutaneous fat be it.

Alone tonight and considering options, but currently too full of sausage, potato and cream to contemplate a kebab. Poor planning.

From blowing quite the hoolie this morning, Doris appears to have chilled the fúck out now. It's quite disappointing.
    Oh, it's mental here. Just took out overhead cables and forced me to abandon my train. Nearly got taken out by a wheelie bin travelling across a road at speed. On a bus now.

Greggs and a bus in one day. Quite the high life.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, it's mental here. Just took out overhead cables and forced me to abandon my train. Nearly got taken out by a wheelie bin travelling across a road at speed. On a bus now.

Greggs and a bus in one day. Quite the high life.
    It's all glamour, clearly.