Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I couldn't help noticing that fig rolls were on offer at 45p in Sainsburys yesterday

I couldn't help noticing that fig rolls were on offer at 45p in Sainsburys yesterday

Own brand of course but the Mcvities were around three times the price.
    Not usually given to house brands but I tossed them in the trolley and found them to be pretty acceptable fayre with this mornings brew.
    It's a fig roll of course, no 5 series v ford focus style parallels but all the same, it's pretty difficult to see how Mcvities can rinse the consumer in such an inflated way.

Your mum was on offer for 45p in Sainsbury's yesterday.

I love those ******* things. My little daughter makes them at school almost every week, it seems like. I can devour a whole kilo of them in a sitting, with a Pilsner or two

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Not usually given to house brands but I tossed them in the trolley and found them to be pretty acceptable fayre with this mornings brew.
    It's a fig roll of course, no 5 series v ford focus style parallels but all the same, it's pretty difficult to see how Mcvities can rinse the consumer in such an inflated way.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I love those ******* things. My little daughter makes them at school almost every week, it seems like. I can devour a whole kilo of them in a sitting, with a Pilsner or two
    I didn't realise anyone had bought or eaten a fig roll since Suez, to be honest. They just seem like an austerity biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I didn't realise anyone had bought or eaten a fig roll since Suez, to be honest. They just seem like an austerity biscuit.
    Oh, no. Every baker around here sells them, in various guises. Delish.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Any water filter news there? I need a new water filter jug and I'd like to get away from Brita. There must be an option in the market, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Any water filter news there? I need a new water filter jug and I'd like to get away from Brita. There must be an option in the market, surely?
    Move up North and have soft water so no need for filters.... lake district here you come
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Move up North and have soft water so no need for filters.... lake district here you come
    I was looking at some house prices up there.

Fúck. Me. It'd be cheaper to move to Mayfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have a built-in water softening system. For some reason, this involves buying vast quantities of salt every few months and tipping it by the bag into the mysterious machine.

It seems a lot of trouble for having drinkable tapwater, but there you are. The wife seems to like it.

you shouldn't really drink the softened stuff, b
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I have a built-in water softening system. For some reason, this involves buying vast quantities of salt every few months and tipping it by the bag into the mysterious machine.

It seems a lot of trouble for having drinkable tapwater, but there you are. The wife seems to like it.
    Oh, I wouldn't drink water from a tap, I'm afraid. That's what the bottled stuff is for.

It's just for cooking, you know.