Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Now THIS is the definition of true solidarity with Muslim women

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hang on - Prague has a Marks & Spencer food store. Isn't that the very definition of civilisation?
    That is to cater to English stag groups when they need a sandwich.

See our civlising effect in action, la.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    So you don't believe in the rule of law, then?
    Did I say that?

I may get shouted at for asking this question but what’s the story with this desire to show solidarity with Muslim women???

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Did I say that?
    Yes. Because you reject 'kicking someone's head in until they know how to behave' is what the rule of law is.

Politicians make laws. If we don't follow them, a policeman comes along and tells you that you must go to the jail and be locked up. If you refuse to go he will lay hands upon you and physically force you to comply with the rule of law.

Without the threat of physical coercion there is no law.

That is to cater to English stag groups when they need a sandwich.

See our civlising effect in action, la.
    If only they had reached here

Yes. Because you reject 'kicking someone's head in until they know how to behave' is what the rule of law is.

Politicians make laws. If we don't follow them, a policeman comes along and tells you that you must go to the jail and be locked up. If you refuse to go he will lay hands upon you and physically force you to comply with the rule of law.

Without the threat of physical coercion there is no law.
    Actually I edited that sentence immediately after posting, and before reading your reply, to convey a different nuance.

But besides, there is no law that says that country X must comply with your expectations or get its head kicked in. I am not talking about the law of the land, be it democratic or sharia. If there is such a thing as international law (and not all agree that it exists), the nearest thing we have is that you are not allowed to invaded other countries at will.