Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just read a piece on the guardian about that Milo wotshisname.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I've heard all that shïte. They don't work as insults because most of them are laughable and anyone using them seriously instantly classifies themselves as a tit. And besides, many of them are simply terms in left-wing taxonomy rather than meaningful invective. I don't care if someone calls me heteronormative - I am and am happy to admit it. I don't believe 'trans' is actually a real thing, so calling me cisnormative or transphobic means nothing to me. Accepting those terms would involve buying into the bullshît in the first place - which I don't.
    That's the thing, most of these terms are meaningless cant rather than worthwhile or valid neologisms.
    You'd be okay with being called a Racist Bowel Syndrome! But apart from that, anything that's new would fit your criteria. You accept the old because it's old, while the new is cant, tendentious, etc. It's a problem with your point of view, your conceptual filters.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    You'd be okay with being called a Racist Bowel Syndrome! But apart from that, anything that's new would fit your criteria. You accept the old because it's old, while the new is cant, tendentious, etc. It's a problem with your point of view, your conceptual filters.
    When 'the new' is a load of nonsense based on an identity politics that I reject absolutely as being manufactured out of whole cloth, I think it's fine also to dismiss the language that is used to validate it. Be my conceptual filters as they may, there's nothing wrong with my critical faculties, which means I'm not going to accept language whose sole purpose is to maintain the pretence that the emperor is wearing clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When 'the new' is a load of nonsense based on an identity politics that I reject absolutely as being manufactured out of whole cloth, I think it's fine also to dismiss the language that is used to validate it. Be my conceptual filters as they may, there's nothing wrong with my critical faculties, which means I'm not going to accept language whose sole purpose is to maintain the pretence that the emperor is wearing clothes.
    Do you even know what you're saying? "Identity politics" - it's out of some blog somewhere. I don't particularly like the idea of Europe being overrun by the Mosselman but values, by their very nature, are relative. This is not the Song of Roland you know. We live in a modern bureaucratized state.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    We live in a modern bureaucratized state.
    That just means you've got no balls, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Pretty good....Gavin McInnes = LAD