Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australians changing cricket traditions due to political correctness

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The physical challenge is self-evidently easier, since bouncers aren't allowed in T20, no bowler can bowl more than four overs and each innings only lasts 20 overs. That's just a silly thing to say. It's a beer match.

And, actually, I don't find it particularly exciting. Excitement comes from suspense sustained over a long period and from the possibility of multiple outcomes. T20 is manufactured specifically to achieve very formulaic outcomes and predictable types of tension. The other thing is that I can't find it entertaining if I simply don't care about the outcome.
    So you have never found football exciting? One game, I mean, as opposed to the season as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    T 20 has one big advantage over current test matches... the wicket being doctored seems to make less of an impact on the result.
    Test matches are being ruined (imo) by home doctoring... if they are going to allow that then the away side should always get the choice of batting or bowling.
    Agree it may have gone too far in some cases but the homogenisation of pitches was an even bigger danger. You are playing the opposition and the environment

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    So you have never found football exciting? One game, I mean, as opposed to the season as a whole.
    Football matches change from moment to moment, whereas the whole game of T20 exists to manufacture a denouement at the end of the second innings. Everything prior to that is just window dressing.