Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In London, who are the people protesting against President Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But if law-enforcement authorities use the data to identify that 90% of burglaries are committed by Irish, for example, they might be able to address the issues within the Irish community which lead to them being drunken, belligerent, sectarian, wife-beating thieves.
    Down with racial stereotyping.

There is new European wide DP legislation coming into play next year, I am sure you are all aware of it under the term GDPR. One of the key issues within personal data, and the capture and holding of such data, is that it is relevant.

I may take a challenge against your so called “law-enforcement organisations” to your High Court on this.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am just unsure how it could be deemed relevant in the event of certain crimes. Relevance is key here.

If you were a burglar for example it matters not a jot if you are English, Irish or Arab.
    So if, for instance, 85% of gun crime were being committed by a particular ethnicity, you wouldn't see that as valuable information in the sense of causing you to feel that perhaps there is a particular issue with gun violence among certain communities and perhaps addressing it? You think it would be sensible to treat that community in exactly the same way as you do a community that commits 0% of the gun crime?

There is new European wide DP legislation coming into play next year, I am sure you are all aware of it under the term GDPR. One of the key issues within personal data, and the capture and holding of such data, is that it is relevant.

I may take a challenge against your so called “law-enforcement organisations” to your High Court on this.
    Cold, hard, statistically-based facts about given ethnicities are not the same as racial stereotyping, sw.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So if, for instance, 85% of gun crime were being committed by a particular ethnicity, you wouldn't see that as valuable information in the sense of causing you to feel that perhaps there is a particular issue with gun violence among certain communities and perhaps addressing it? You think it would be sensible to treat that community in exactly the same way as you do a community that commits 0% of the gun crime?
    I believe in treating all communites in the same fair way, especially if they have not commited a crime.

I believe in treating all communites in the same fair way, especially if they have not commited a crime.
    So if you read a report about a high incidence of drunken disorderly behaviour taking place, you'd make sure you leafletted and ran information campaigns in the muslim community just as much as the white community, would you? Just to be fair, like?

You're well thick

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But if law-enforcement authorities use the data to identify that 90% of burglaries are committed by Irish, for example, they might be able to address the issues within the Irish community which lead to them being drunken, belligerent, sectarian, wife-beating thieves.
    It isn't the role of law enforcement authorities to address issues within communities that lead to crime, I think. I'm not sure it's anyone's responsibility, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So if you read a report about a high incidence of drunken disorderly behaviour taking place, you'd make sure you leafletted and ran information campaigns in the muslim community just as much as the white community, would you? Just to be fair, like?
    Correct, all communities should be treated equally in this regard even if from a practical standpoint that doesn't make sense.

The reason being that the alternative would require us to engage in an approach which would ultimately lead to chaos and anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You're well thick
    I'm perfectly prepared to engage in a discussion with regard to how thick SW is.

I just think that in order for the discussion to have any sense of validity the instigation needs to come from someone other than you.

You know very well where you can shove your Euro-Imperialist dual penetration legislation, my friend.

At least, you could if we ever press that bloody button.