Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In London, who are the people protesting against President Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So if you read a report about a high incidence of drunken disorderly behaviour taking place, you'd make sure you leafletted and ran information campaigns in the muslim community just as much as the white community, would you? Just to be fair, like?
    I wouldn't be running of your so called leaflet campaigns as I am not a homosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm perfectly prepared to engage in a discussion with regard to how thick SW is.

I just think that in order for the discussion to have any sense of validity the instigation needs to come from someone other than you.
    Thank you B.

all communities should be treated equally in this regard even if from a practical standpoint that doesn't make sense.
    Just keep reading what you wrote there until you hang your head in shame.

I'm perfectly prepared to engage in a discussion with regard to how thick SW is.

I just think that in order for the discussion to have any sense of validity the instigation needs to come from someone other than you.
    You're not quite as thick, but still pretty thick

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Just keep reading what you wrote there until you hang your head in shame.
    Nope, it happens to be true. Judging how someone may or may not behave based on which 'community' we think they belong to is just too close to racial/religious/whatever stereotyping for me, Burney.

We must all be treated equally by the authorities with no preconditions or anarchy is not far away. It's part of being civilized.

Nope, it happens to be true. Judging how someone may or may not behave based on which 'community' we think they belong to is just too close to racial/religious/whatever stereotyping for me, Burney.

We must all be treated equally by the authorities with no preconditions or anarchy is not far away. It's part of being civilized.
    So you think the authorities should stop focusing greater attention on mosques than other places of worship in their efforts to root out extremists? In other words, you disagree with the current policies in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You're not quite as thick, but still pretty thick
    I've just left a Facebook message for Ian Harvey which I expect will provoke a typical Ian Harvey response shortly. Ian likes to reduce complex problems down to an absurdly simplified form that suits the narrative that he's seeking to defend. In this case, the GBP exchange rate is currently being controlled solely by the financial markets view of Theresa May, whom Ian hates.

It's nonsense, of course, but Ian can only really deal with simplified forms of the problem because that is all he is capable of understanding and because his narrative is far more important to him than actually understanding the problem.

Kinda like you, Monty.

I've just left a Facebook message for Ian Harvey which I expect will provoke a typical Ian Harvey response shortly. Ian likes to reduce complex problems down to an absurdly simplified form that suits the narrative that he's seeking to defend. In this case, the GBP exchange rate is currently being controlled solely by the financial markets view of Theresa May, whom Ian hates.

It's nonsense, of course, but Ian can only really deal with simplified forms of the problem because that is all he is capable of understanding and because his narrative is far more important to him than actually understanding the problem.

Kinda like you, Monty.
    Actually, I'm almost certain we both feel exactly the same way about the subject of racial/ethnic profiling - that it is a necessary evil, but must always be done in a sensitive, tactful and moderate way.

Because I do not believe you truly think we should be trying to stop jihadists by equally profiling non-muslims, given that 100% of jihadists are muslims

No, it's head-in-the-clouds idiocy driven by a fundamentally misguided idea of what law enforcement bodies are there to achieve. You also don't believe it for a second.
    Judging and policing are two different things. We should all be equal before the law, but we most certainly should not be equal before law enforcement bodies. Their job is to prevent and solve crime and that means looking where it is most likely to happen and at those people who are most likely to commit it. If law enforcement bodies behaved as you suggest, they would waste vast resources, crime rates would soar and their clear-up rates would plummet.

Seriously, though, why on earth am I arguing with someone who's already conceded his approach to crime prevention and policing makes no practical sense? Fückssake!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually, I'm almost certain we both feel exactly the same way about the subject of racial/ethnic profiling - that it is a necessary evil, but must always be done in a sensitive, tactful and moderate way.

Because I do not believe you truly think we should be trying to stop jihadists by equally profiling non-muslims, given that 100% of jihadists are muslims
    Aw Monty, you've gone and made me feel guilty by posting something nice and sensible in response to my rather offensive post.

I'm not going to apologise though because you're such a c*nt.