Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WD The London Mayor... after being down South for a few days I must say

WD The London Mayor... after being down South for a few days I must say

his idea for "hopper" fares on the busses are a very good idea.. wd the Mayor imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    his idea for "hopper" fares on the busses are a very good idea.. wd the Mayor imo
    The memory you took from being in The Greatest City On Earth was saving 50 pence on a bus fair.

Fúcking hell. There's living up to stereotypes, but that's taking the píss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The memory you took from being in The Greatest City On Earth was saving 50 pence on a bus fair.

Fúcking hell. There's living up to stereotypes, but that's taking the píss.
    No, strangely I took many happy memories from being down south, but you decide to use your usual sterotype by slagging off northerners for being tight... typical southern w*nkers imo

No, strangely I took many happy memories from being down south, but you decide to use your usual sterotype by slagging off northerners for being tight... typical southern w*nkers imo
    So you're not tight?

YOU CAME TO LONDON AND TRAVELLED BY FÚCKING BUS, MAN.

So you're not tight?

YOU CAME TO LONDON AND TRAVELLED BY FÚCKING BUS, MAN.
    Now, with you obviously being a jaffa and not having kids, you wouldn't understand that the novelty of travelling on a bus (especially when it stops 50 yards from your hotel) outweighs the fun of going on the tube and then having to walk 1/2 mile back.

Now, with you obviously being a jaffa and not having kids, you wouldn't understand that the novelty of travelling on a bus (especially when it stops 50 yards from your hotel) outweighs the fun of going on the tube and then having to walk 1/2 mile back.
    Did you not notice lots of black cars driving around? If you see an orange light on top of one, he will answer your wave and take you precisely where you want to go.

He will probably want more than 75 pence, though.

Did you not notice lots of black cars driving around? If you see an orange light on top of one, he will answer your wave and take you precisely where you want to go.

Though you may have to endure a most boring story.

Pah, who wants to travel by taxi... bunch of murdering rapists imo

As a relatively recent user of a black cab on a 'family' visit to London I can roundly proclaim it to be a complete waste of my time.

I ended up getting out and walking the last 100 or so yards to the pub.

I've always found the tube a great way to get around. I bundle it into the price of the train ticket from the airport.
    Last time I was in London I got off at Westminster and had a walk around. A very large number of Chinese about Buckingham palace. I'm not impressed that downing street is locked away, I was expecting to rock up to number 10 and for Theresa to answer.