Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that was time and money well spent by the feminist harridan and her

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Spending 20k on a party is frivolous. I'd do it if I had the money, because that's what it costs.
    No it doesn't. My wedding only cost a few grand.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, cheapskatery is cheapskatery, whatever frock you dress it up in.

A wedding is an opportunity for your whole squad to get together to promote and support a certain value in a way of life. Essentially by reaching into their pockets and helping the happy young couple to pay for it. Presumably you have seen The Godfather?

Some will contribute cash, others will understand that the fellow will need more and better work and will make that offer and so on.

There is a serious side. It's not just about getting dressed up and getting pissed.
    You're suggesting I crowd-fund a wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How many guests? Surely the food was a bit meh?

OK there are very few differences between Marriage and Civil Partnerships.

So clearly the woman who wears the trousers wants to f*** about without sadsack handbag getting all upset and divorcing her.

Civil partners cannot call themselves “married” for legal purposes.
    Civil partnership certificates include the names of both parents of the parties. Marriage certificates include the names of only the fathers of the parties.

Adultery cannot be used as a reason to dissolve the Civil Partnership. In a marriage, if one party is unfaithful this is grounds for divorce. This isn’t the case in civil partnership dissolution. Adultery isn’t recognised in same-sex partners.

Same here. in fact I made a profit. and everyone had plenty of food and drink.

How many guests? Surely the food was a bit meh?
    The food was excellent.

Mind you, a great deal of the budget disappeared down my throat in liquid form, a lapse in good behaviour for which I really ought to have apologised before.

Expectations such as this being a sign of lifelong commitment that your friends and families might want to celebrate, you mean?

I really fail to see what difference there would be. Besides, you'll forgive me if I'm not sure our lawmakers ought to spend their time legislating in order to help you avoid a small degree of expense, arseache and social awkwardness.
    Yes, I'd be happy for our friends and family to celebrate our lifelong commitment to each other and have nothing in principle against spending heavily for them to do so, but that is not possible due to clinically mental family members who would very likely ruin it (as they have numerous other landmark events over the years).

Nevertheless, I wouldn't have a civil partnership for the precise reasons you identify, but it also remains true that they are not entirely without merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The food was excellent.

Mind you, a great deal of the budget disappeared down my throat in liquid form, a lapse in good behaviour for which I really ought to have apologised before.
    How many guests?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The food was excellent.

Did you racially abuse anyone?

You're suggesting I crowd-fund a wedding?
    Good point actually. We used to call it "family & friends" though, of course.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."