Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that was time and money well spent by the feminist harridan and her

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think we need to analyse this couple a bit more.

He seems to have a handbag.
    I imagine he keeps his manhood in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Yeah, mum, I couldn't face spending any money or time on you and the rest of the family, so I just had one of those civil partnership doodads instead. Hope you don't mind?'

I'm sure she'd be delighted.
    I doubt very much she would be "delighted", but she would certainly be more understanding of our depriving her of the excuse to buy a new frock.

As I said, if you only want to get married for the legal benefits, and don't want a party, there is some merit to a civil partnership...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You described the traditional wedding 'party' as the pissing away of hold on, why am I typing this out, you literally just typed it yourself.

Do you have memory issues?
    If I could afford it, or had parents or in-laws able to subsidise it, I would happily "piss away" a load of money on a wedding. I have nothing against traditional weddings at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I doubt very much she would be "delighted", but she would certainly be more understanding of our depriving her of the excuse to buy a new frock.

As I said, if you only want to get married for the legal benefits, and don't want a party, there is some merit to a civil partnership...
    You know there's still a ceremony at the council offices for a civil partnership, right? After which most people choose to have parties to celebrate? Why would the fact that it's a civil partnership rather than a wedding make a difference to whether or not you have a party?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You know there's still a ceremony at the council offices for a civil partnership, right? After which most people choose to have parties to celebrate? Why would the fact that it's a civil partnership rather than a wedding make a difference to whether or not you have a party?
    I thought I'd explained this already. Getting married comes loaded with expectation. If we explained we were doing it as civil partnership because we want to avoid the expectation that comes with getting married, I think auld Maureen would be more understanding.

If I could afford it, or had parents or in-laws able to subsidise it, I would happily "piss away" a load of money on a wedding. I have nothing against traditional weddings at all.
    Does the phrase "piss away" not suggest a meaningless, frivolous use of money?

Marriage is a serious business, m. You would do well to remember that. Marriage is a sacrament, like communion or confirmation, a gift from God to enable us to produce children to further serve Mother Church and do God's work.

You wouldn't understand, being a heathen and all, but eternity in the sulphurous fires of hell with the devil himself raping your ársehole with his trident will hopefully educate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Does the phrase "piss away" not suggest a meaningless, frivolous use of money?

Marriage is a serious business, m. You would do well to remember that. Marriage is a sacrament, like communion or confirmation, a gift from God to enable us to produce children to further serve Mother Church and do God's work.

You wouldn't understand, being a heathen and all, but eternity in the sulphurous fires of hell with the devil himself raping your ársehole with his trident will hopefully educate you.
    Spending 20k on a party is frivolous and indulgent. I'd do it if I had the money, because that's what it costs. I'd also spend that on an Arsenal season ticket if I had the money and that's what it cost. It would still be frivolous and indulgent.

No, cheapskatery is cheapskatery, whatever frock you dress it up in.

A wedding is an opportunity for your whole squad to get together to promote and support a certain value in a way of life. Essentially by reaching into their pockets and helping the happy young couple to pay for it. Presumably you have seen The Godfather?

Some will contribute cash, others will understand that the fellow will need more and better work and will make that offer and so on.

There is a serious side. It's not just about getting dressed up and getting pissed.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I thought I'd explained this already. Getting married comes loaded with expectation. If we explained we were doing it as civil partnership because we want to avoid the expectation that comes with getting married, I think auld Maureen would be more understanding.
    Expectations such as this being a sign of lifelong commitment that your friends and families might want to celebrate, you mean?

I really fail to see what difference there would be. Besides, you'll forgive me if I'm not sure our lawmakers ought to spend their time legislating in order to help you avoid a small degree of expense, arseache and social awkwardness.

fly to Vegas and get married there and come back and it's all done and dusted.

I thought that long term couples had certain legal rights these days anyway.