Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that was time and money well spent by the feminist harridan and her

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It does kinda make sense for people who want the legal benefits of being married but without having a wedding, as it would stave off the "what, you're getting married and not having a party???" questions from friends and family.
    So telling them they have a civil partnership is a better idea?

Plus now everybody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You can book a registry office any time you like. All you need is a couple of witnesses. Job done. Why do you need some additional special status to achieve the exact same thing?
    That's the one thing I noticed about getting married how incredibly easy it was to do.

You can book a registry office any time you like. All you need is a couple of witnesses. Job done. Why do you need some additional special status to achieve the exact same thing?
    You know what family can be like about this stuff. My mum would be upset if I got married but didn't have a wedding. A civil partnership would be easier to explain away .

If pissing away all your life savings on a party that would almost certainly be ruined by assorted clinically diagnosed mental family members is being "cheapskates", then yes.
    That's rather more a reflection of the state of your finances and your family than that of the traditional wedding, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That's the one thing I noticed about getting married how incredibly easy it was to do.
    Yup. All you need to do is prove you're not already married or related to one another, book a date, get two people to bear witness and you're away. Anything else is entirely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's rather more a reflection of the state of your finances and your family than that of the traditional wedding, of course.
    What have I said against the traditional wedding?

If pissing away all your life savings on a party that would almost certainly be ruined by assorted clinically diagnosed mental family members is being "cheapskates", then yes.
    Yeah, if you do it wrong. I made a fortune out of mine.

Or rather, the wife did
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You know what family can be like about this stuff. My mum would be upset if I got married but didn't have a wedding. A civil partnership would be easier to explain away .
    'Yeah, mum, I couldn't face spending any money or time on you and the rest of the family, so I just had one of those civil partnership doodads instead. Hope you don't mind?'

I'm sure she'd be delighted.

What have I said against the traditional wedding?
    You described the traditional wedding 'party' as the pissing away of hold on, why am I typing this out, you literally just typed it yourself.

Do you have memory issues?

'Yeah, mum, I couldn't face spending any money or time on you and the rest of the family, so I just had one of those civil partnership doodads instead. Hope you don't mind?'

I'm sure she'd be delighted.
    I think we need to analyse this couple a bit more.

He seems to have a handbag.