Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Well that was time and money well spent by the feminist harridan and her

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I disagree. Best weddings I've been to (i.e. the only ones I've enjoyed) have both been relatively small affairs.
    People always say that though, for Monty reasons, I imagine. But it all really misses the point; it's supposed to be a whole clan, community or whatever, coming together to celebrate and promote a belief in a certain way of life. It is not supposed to be about the limits of one person's whim or wallet.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmm. He spent the day before getting me hammered from about midday onwards. In the evening he moved on to shovelling the devil's dandruff up my bugle. After I finally got to bed at about 3, he re-appeared at my door to enquire whether I had any further stash as he had used all his up. Then the next morning he paced around like a caged lion muttering, "I'm so nervous, I'm so nervous.." until I almost had a breakdown.

Sub-optimal, really.
    Sounds perfect. Just what a chap needs when under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    People always say that though, for Monty reasons, I imagine. But it all really misses the point; it's supposed to be a whole clan, community or whatever, coming together to celebrate and promote a belief in a certain way of life. It is not supposed to be about the limits of one person's whim or wallet.
    Sounds like the 4th place trophy of weddings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Sounds like the 4th place trophy of weddings.
    How do you mean?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We're all a bit more nuclear these days. I belong to no 'clan'. Unless you're a direct blood relation (father, mother, sibling, niece, nephew, uncle or aunt at a pinch) you can fück right off.

We're all a bit more nuclear these days. I belong to no 'clan'. Unless you're a direct blood relation (father, mother, sibling, niece, nephew, uncle or aunt at a pinch) you can fück right off.
    I suppose so. Homos and whomever else may just as well get "married" too then as it makes absolutely no difference to anything anymore

But it's like anything; imagine if the only people who ever contributed to a cause were those who were actually seriously committed to it, rather than those who are merely on hand because of the booze, the birds and the Bratwürst.

Football clubs, all these street protests, rock festivals and so on. Their success is measured in numbers.

tbh, he's had a narrow escape there, Clive
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”