Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: There seems to be an acceptance of a possible post-Wexit slump for the sake of change

There seems to be an acceptance of a possible post-Wexit slump for the sake of change

which I do understand.

I do wonder though if people have factored in finishing below Spurs for a few years into this scenario. Tell you what, Reg, that's something we could really miss when the Old Man's left.

Of course, finishing below Spurs could happen this year, but it never has. Some things always seem to happen under Arsene, for better or worse. Top four might not appeal, but I do wonder if St Totteringham's Day has been taken a little bit for granted.

Of course, some don't care much either way about Spurs, but I suspect a great many do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    which I do understand.

I do wonder though if people have factored in finishing below Spurs for a few years into this scenario. Tell you what, Reg, that's something we could really miss when the Old Man's left.

Of course, finishing below Spurs could happen this year, but it never has. Some things always seem to happen under Arsene, for better or worse. Top four might not appeal, but I do wonder if St Totteringham's Day has been taken a little bit for granted.

Of course, some don't care much either way about Spurs, but I suspect a great many do.
    I actually think having Spurs around has helped Wenger's career and we've left it late on a few occasions!

which I do understand.

It is important in respect of local bragging for you Dick Whittington London types, counts for nothing really all the same.

They have not really been rivals for 90% of Wenger’s reign save for that season around 2005/6 when they thought they had us and last season when they should have had us, surpassed for quite a period during those years by the bitter rivalry with United at player, management and even supporter level.

I see Spurs as a possible force in English football over the next few years – very good, young team, physically strong in the way we used to be with a handful of genuine top class players coupled with a decent manager. If they can see it out until the new ground with the added revenues that brings and of course their super rich owner then it could get messy.

Losing to them this season at either semi-final or final is the end of the Wenger.

which I do understand.

I do understand where you're coming from, and of course, where you *are* which is even more important. It's what football's all about though, innit.

Veng again wilfully (imo) missed the point when He sneered that we would still occasionally lose football matches, even after He had left the club
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I do understand where you're coming from, and of course, where you *are* which is even more important. It's what football's all about though, innit.

Veng again wilfully (imo) missed the point when He sneered that we would still occasionally lose football matches, even after He had left the club
    Given you clearly hate the bloke and hope he dies, is it not about time you stopped capitalising your Wenger pronouns?

What you're currently doing it a bit like saying "Allah was a p*edophile rapist (praise be upon him)"

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Given you clearly hate the bloke and hope he dies, is it not about time you stopped capitalising your Wenger pronouns?

What you're currently doing it a bit like saying "Allah was a p*edophile rapist (praise be upon him)"
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Love it #Wexit

Thought the BBC made a good point about all the times we were runners up...a bit a luck here and there and no one would be questioning him now...penalty shoot out vs gala, 10 men vs Barca...could even though in something like that Bergkamp penalty miss vs United.