Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19:55? That's not a kick-off time.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. And don't get me started on this new-fangled decimal money
    But it's just silly. Apart from anything else, it means the game won't end until, let's see, 20:40, 15 minutes for half time, that's 21:00 by the time they get going, so final whistle at 21:50! That's almost 10 o'clock! On a weeknight, that's fúcking bed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What a load of old bóllocks.

Evening games kick-off at 19:30. Why is that so hard to understand?
    My Dad always asks me what time Champions League games kick off at

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Let's see the squard. If it's full of 1st teamers and we lose (depending on circumstances) they'll just make an embarrassing week a whole lot more.

If we do reach the semi's if it's Chelsea, United or Spurs in that game we will lose. We may beat City
    If he lost to Spurs then the pain or embarrassment of defeat for some will again cause major unrest among support and the media will again milk it. The timing so close to the end of the season my well be crucial.

Then again he wins and there you have it, new deal.

An interesting end to what has been a rather shíte FA Cup campaign.

But it's just silly. Apart from anything else, it means the game won't end until, let's see, 20:40, 15 minutes for half time, that's 21:00 by the time they get going, so final whistle at 21:50! That's almost 10 o'clock! On a weeknight, that's fúcking bed time.
    Game will be over within the half hour old man, retire for the night and check the score in the morning with the butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    My dad still thinks Joel Campbell is related to Sol Campbell as I told him he was his nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    19:30? 19:45? Who can keep up?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    If he lost to Spurs then the pain or embarrassment of defeat for some will again cause major unrest among support and the media will again milk it. The timing so close to the end of the season my well be crucial.

Then again he wins and there you have it, new deal.

An interesting end to what has been a rather shíte FA Cup campaign.
    Yeah I suppose depends on how we lose, Penalty shootout fair enough.
    If Tottenham for example where to rip us to shreds it's game over.

I think any time before 10 is reasonable. Anything that goes to extra time or pens is unacceptable, however.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Game will be over within the half hour old man, retire for the night and check the score in the morning with the butler.
    It's 11 v 11, sw. Anything could happen.

I once played for a pub team which was drawn against British Telecom in some cup competition or other. BT! Those blokes spent all day training, and they had about 50,000 lads to choose from. Thy might as well have been professional. But we reasoned that they were mortal, just like us, and we went out there and gave it our all.

We lost 11-1, of course, but I scored so I didn't give a fúck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    My dad still thinks Joel Campbell is related to Sol Campbell as I told him he was his nephew.
    Took a long time for my dad to stop calling Sol Campbell 'Kevin'

Mind you, they did both have big fat arses.