Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19:55? That's not a kick-off time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What are we hoping for? If we win the cup we almost certainly get 2 more years of Him, at a minimum. Better to go out tonight or go through and then get thumped 4-1 by Spurs at Wembley in the semis?

A 2-1 defeat would be just the trick, I think. His position will be almost untenable then.
    Anyone wanting Arsenal to lose to get rid of the manager surely cannot be said to support the club.

We don't want to lose to Sutton, Rich. We will never, ever, hear the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Took a long time for my dad to stop calling Sol Campbell 'Kevin'

Mind you, they did both have big fat arses.
    I think this is probably a but my mum used to call Carlos Vela, Ricky. as in Ricky Villa

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's 11 v 11, sw. Anything could happen.

I once played for a pub team which was drawn against British Telecom in some cup competition or other. BT! Those blokes spent all day training, and they had about 50,000 lads to choose from. Thy might as well have been professional. But we reasoned that they were mortal, just like us, and we went out there and gave it our all.

We lost 11-1, of course, but I scored so I didn't give a fúck.
    No, I'm not having it*

In fact I think it will be so one sided as to turn over.

Note I did not even stoop so low as to suggest we are the much fabled flat track bullies etc.

*I know it could but it won't. It will be comfortable. That's how we roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Anyone wanting Arsenal to lose to get rid of the manager surely cannot be said to support the club.
    What if you had money on Sutton, where do you stand on that.

I haven't by the way but expect many will, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But it's just silly. Apart from anything else, it means the game won't end until, let's see, 20:40, 15 minutes for half time, that's 21:00 by the time they get going, so final whistle at 21:50! That's almost 10 o'clock! On a weeknight, that's fúcking bed time.
    22.50 here And I have to watch in the pub. In other news - wd the pub

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    22.50 here And I have to watch in the pub. In other news - wd the pub
    It is admirable the personal distress you go through for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It is admirable the personal distress you go through for the club.
    ty - and how do they repay me? Last week's performance, that's how. *******s

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What if you had money on Sutton, where do you stand on that.

I haven't by the way but expect many will, just in case.
    I never bet, partly for these reasons.

Insurance, I can understand. It can get a bit murky though, this betting mularkay. When I used to sit with Neg he would regularly be punching the air at Spurs and Chelsea wins when it benefitted his accumulator. I did not approve.

Insurance, I can understand. It can get a bit murky though, this betting mularkay. When I used to sit with Neg he would regularly be punching the air at Spurs and Chelsea wins when it benefitted his accumulator. I did not approve.
    I love a gamble but never been tempted into sports betting. takes too long I like to lose my money quicker.

A supporters loyalties, or more importantly dislike of rivals, can play no part in gambling other than perhaps not backing your team to lose.

I could fully understand a chap wading in tonight at 28/1 if the chap was sitting on surplus funds in his account.