Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: IPL Hater on the BBC site...

IPL Hater on the BBC site...

117. Posted by thomasbombadil
    on
    17 minutes ago

Vile "tournament" which:-

1. has a long history of corruption and illegal gambling

2. is sponsored by tobacco companies - naming teams after cigarettes (eg superkings) shows a shameless preference for money over the health of the nation's children

3. is boring

4. is racist & discriminatory - adopts a trump like ban on certain players solely based on their nationality

No thank you.

----

JESUS CHRIST

1. all sports have a history of corruption and illegal gambling.
    2. Cheep shot @ us smokers
    3. Anything but boring...probably the most exciting tournament in the world...in any sport.
    4. Can't be all that racist when they have scantily clad dancers stutting their stuff ))

-

btw 1.4m for Tymal Mills? oh lord...this lot have money to burn...in football terms that's like City signing John Stones....and then the comment - We needed a replacement for Mitchell Starc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    on
    17 minutes ago

2. is sponsored by tobacco companies - naming teams after cigarettes (eg superkings) shows a shameless preference for money over the health of the nation's children

3. is boring

4. is racist & discriminatory - adopts a trump like ban on certain players solely based on their nationality

No thank you.

----

JESUS CHRIST

3. Anything but boring...probably the most exciting tournament in the world...in any sport.
    4. Can't be all that racist when they have scantily clad dancers stutting their stuff ))

-

btw 1.4m for Tymal Mills? oh lord...this lot have money to burn...in football terms that's like City signing John Stones....and then the comment - We needed a replacement for Mitchell Starc.
    It's shìt, t. Pretendy cricket for retards.

They do? Might be worth a look then.

on
    17 minutes ago

3. is boring

No thank you.

----

JESUS CHRIST

-

Might be a Pakistani. They really hate the fact that they are banned. I remember when Amir got done for match fixing. A GB paper pointed out that his man of the series award was less than Ishant Sharma got for one delivery in the IPL.

I remember when they got banned after a terrorist attack. I was speaking to a mate in Paharganj, New Delhi, a lassi-wallah who I chat cricket with a lot. He said it was totally fair play that they should be banned if they try and kill us. {A few years before that, they bombed that street as part of 4 different markets bombed in the shopping before the Dusshera festival. It was about 100m up the road from his lassi stand. I heard the bomb go off and ran towards it as I found everyone else running away. First person I recognised was a beggar woman called Bimla I'd known since the late '90s. She'd been walking up in that direction. 10 mins later and they'd have got her. I think about 40 died. Didn't know if a family of mates was alive or not for 2 days. A differnt time of the day and they could have killed me.

Rang my glw and got her to ring the BBC to see if they wnated to speak to me, but they said go and email them. I told her to tell them that the street was closed off so I couldn't get to an internet cafe. This was before 3G. So my chance of tv stardom was denied.}