Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Old Kent Road: Three fat ladies and the last pub in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Stomping ground my fat white arse. You would occasionally tippy toe into the manor you soppy middle class twonk,neck down half a lager shandy then scarper sharpish before the bad boys came out.

Did you see Daniel Day-Lewis recently re-invented himself as a Millwall hooligan

Ohhhhhhhhh my old man's the Poet Laureate
    'Ee wears the Poet Laureate's Hat
    'Ee wears cor blimey britches
    An' he lives in a fackin great big town 'ouse!
    /
    Nothing went down in Bermondsey without my say so, h. Girls, bank jobs, skag, I got a taste from every deal otherwise there was trouble. You get me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nothing went down in Bermondsey without my say so, h. Girls, bank jobs, skag, I got a taste from every deal otherwise there was trouble. You get me?
    I feel ya big man. I think I remember you now. Didn't people just call you "Dutch"?

I feel ya big man. I think I remember you now. Didn't people just call you "Dutch"?
    Nah - Dutch was the landlady of the pub we used to drink in in Wapping and several more besides (including the Flying Scotsman in King's Cross). She was said to be well-connected and, come to think go it, there may well have been a resemblance to Sir C there

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    That is mighty impressive.

I did 9 of our wonderful European kilometres yesterday around Glendalough. It was very pleasant apart from the many bastárd tourists.
    I have walked Glendalough. Famous for its pointy *wizards' towers, no?

I did nine Ks yesterday too, around Kentish Town, once it was clear that Spurs were going to win. One must embrace the tourists, though. Not literally, of course, but in a metaphorical sense, for they are good for business.

* Not actual wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And no, I didn't go in any of them. This was not a pub crawl.
    Don't think this escaped without notice btw

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have walked Glendalough. Famous for its pointy *wizards' towers, no?

I did nine Ks yesterday too, around Kentish Town, once it was clear that Spurs were going to win. One must embrace the tourists, though. Not literally, of course, but in a metaphorical sense, for they are good for business.

* Not actual wizards.
    There was Monastic towers or sorts, two I recall. And frogs, lots of frogs.

The tourists annoy me A. Noisy, Spanish I think, rude in how they refuse to move out of your way all with their silly backpacks. Very loud. I realise there is a need for them, I myself have been a tourist on many an occasion.

I came home to find Spurs had won having stopped on the way for a cup of tea and a scone. How fúcking Irish is that!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    come to think go it, there may well have been a resemblance to Sir C there
    bóllócks ugly - gravelly voice?

bóllócks ugly - gravelly voice?
    That's the one

Shh. You ain't seen me, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Don't think this escaped without notice btw
    It's a fair cop, guv.

tbh we'd never get anywhere if we kept going in pubs on the way, let alone the need to keep weeing all the time. The exception is in the hot summer months, where one can work up quite the thirst.