Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitnesstypes. I've been taking your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Still off the fags?
    not completely
    but a couple here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    not completely
    but a couple here and there.
    Well you'll still benefit from cutting down, least not financially.

My colleague just went cold turkey about a month ago. Has stuck to it religiously and, despite being in a mostly foul mood for that past few weeks, can now see it's getting easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Eating properly prior to exercise helps in this regard too.
    I think that's where I have been going wrong. Been stuffing pasties into my ears and nose rather than into my mouth
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I think that's where I have been going wrong. Been stuffing pasties into my ears and nose rather than into my mouth
    Cheeky *******.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm far from convinced anyone actually feels any better, until you run for a bus, or walk up a hill, and realise that you wouldn't have managed it 12 months previously...
    You should feel better after every workout, as the endorphins kick in.

If Pat isn't feeling any better he isn't doing it properly. Or he's over-compensating in some other, less healthy, manner.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

If Pat isn't feeling any better he isn't doing it properly. Or he's over-compensating in some other, less healthy, manner.
    Actually I felt really miserable after the gym the other day.

What I do like about it is that when I am relaxing at home after the gym I am not really thinking about anything and can enjoy watching tv more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm far from convinced anyone actually feels any better, until you run for a bus, or walk up a hill, and realise that you wouldn't have managed it 12 months previously...
    You travel on buses?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You travel on buses?
    Edged, gone!

Well bowled, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I would suggest perhaps that Pat’s main issue here is that he simply does not enjoy the gym based exercise regime which he is undertaking.

No release of endorphins, them a very personal intangible, will compensate when a person does not want to be exercising but maybe feels they should.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would suggest perhaps that Pat’s main issue here is that he simply does not enjoy the gym based exercise regime which he is undertaking.

No release of endorphins, them a very personal intangible, will compensate when a person does not want to be exercising but maybe feels they should.
    I find the gym extremely boring but necessary unfortunately as I put on too much weight. Office life stops me from the exercise I require. perhaps I will find it pleasurable later and maybe I don't see the results I want.

And I wish to resume other interests such as hockey but I am too out of shape. Playing sports is great I like exercise that you don't think of. I was under the impression being fit or becoming fit I would feel better. I am in the phase of feeling worse. Perhaps it gets better later. And I don't feel I am doing too much or too little.