Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the disadvantages of this artificial pitch then?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    As for the pitch - since we have one at the training ground the disadvantages are minimal, but there are some.

Arsene summed it up for you:
    It’s not the same because it’s a dry pitch and I’ve heard that Sutton have a wet pitch, they water it before the game so it’ll be much quicker. It means the weight on the joints is stronger, you cannot glide, you have to block every time so it makes football a bit different because the ball comes to you and somebody accelerates and doesn’t slow down like in a normal game so you have to get used to the difference in speed."
    Got the excuses in early then.

As for the pitch - since we have one at the training ground the disadvantages are minimal, but there are some.

It’s not the same because it’s a dry pitch and I’ve heard that Sutton have a wet pitch, they water it before the game so it’ll be much quicker. It means the weight on the joints is stronger, you cannot glide, you have to block every time so it makes football a bit different because the ball comes to you and somebody accelerates and doesn’t slow down like in a normal game so you have to get used to the difference in speed."
    So, no real disadvantages then, so long as everyone MTFU?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Got the excuses in early then.
    "The pitch was a leetle bit too wet, we are used to a drier surface you know. Also we were mentally jaded"

Those pitches are horrible when they're watered (even at rubbish 7 a side level). I'm glad Arteta has left, it would wreck his pristine hair.