Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the disadvantages of this artificial pitch then?

What are the disadvantages of this artificial pitch then?

no slide tackles?

I wonder who will start. Got to go relatively strong imo. Sanchez seems to have flown off somewhere and I think Bellerin is in the US.
    Welbeck and Lucas? (if Lucas is fit)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    no slide tackles?

I wonder who will start. Got to go relatively strong imo. Sanchez seems to have flown off somewhere and I think Bellerin is in the US.
    Dat guy Welbz played for the u23s yesterday. I expect AW will spring a few surprises - Per up front?
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

no slide tackles?

Not sure, Fash. What I do know is that it is a perfect excuse for anything other than a thumping victory.

Wd artificial pitch imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not sure, Fash. What I do know is that it is a perfect excuse for anything other than a thumping victory.

Wd artificial pitch imo.
    I want double figures.

Let's be ruthless and Bayern about it.

no slide tackles?

Sanchez was in Spain sorting out some tax issues - was supposed to be back with the squard yesterday

no slide tackles?

As for the pitch - since we have one at the training ground the disadvantages are minimal, but there are some.

Arsene summed it up for you:
    It’s not the same because it’s a dry pitch and I’ve heard that Sutton have a wet pitch, they water it before the game so it’ll be much quicker. It means the weight on the joints is stronger, you cannot glide, you have to block every time so it makes football a bit different because the ball comes to you and somebody accelerates and doesn’t slow down like in a normal game so you have to get used to the difference in speed."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Sanchez was in Spain sorting out some tax issues - was supposed to be back with the squard yesterday
    I am actually surprised they didn't make more of a story out of it.

'he's off to buy a house'

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    As for the pitch - since we have one at the training ground the disadvantages are minimal, but there are some.

Arsene summed it up for you:
    It’s not the same because it’s a dry pitch and I’ve heard that Sutton have a wet pitch, they water it before the game so it’ll be much quicker. It means the weight on the joints is stronger, you cannot glide, you have to block every time so it makes football a bit different because the ball comes to you and somebody accelerates and doesn’t slow down like in a normal game so you have to get used to the difference in speed."
    Excellent. This may work in our advantage.

or our tippy tappy is thwarted when the ball suddenly stops mid pass. allowing Sutton to score to run off and score repeatedly.

Excellent. This may work in our advantage.

or our tippy tappy is thwarted when the ball suddenly stops mid pass. allowing Sutton to score to run off and score repeatedly.
    One would like to assume the hugely superior technical ability of the Premiership international footballer will compensate for the slightly unusual conditions and after an initial bit of excited crowd driven ruaille buaille we will settle down and win by a margin of at least 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    One would like to assume the hugely superior technical ability of the Premiership international footballer will compensate for the slightly unusual conditions and after an initial bit of excited crowd driven ruaille buaille we will settle down and win by a margin of at least 3.
    Best to give them their 5 mins of excitement and then shut the game down.

Before the Internet has a meltdown they shouldn't be surprised if Sutton do score first.