Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: What's the going rate for a tour of duty

What's the going rate for a tour of duty

going to Arsenal regularly - either an ST or most home games? Some people do it for decades, but I expect most people have had enough long before then, or circumstances of geography, family etc prohibit it.

Obviously away ST holders are all mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    going to Arsenal regularly - either an ST or most home games? Some people do it for decades, but I expect most people have had enough long before then, or circumstances of geography, family etc prohibit it.

Renewal of my home ST last year was in total £1,049.28 of your sterling pounds. Factor in beer, travel etc and it really is a very large sum.

Away ST holders I have always assumed to be single and have no real lives (or at least those who actually travel every second week as opposed to those who simply are members to facilitate cup final attendance).

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Renewal of my home ST last year was in total £1,049.28 of your sterling pounds. Factor in beer, travel etc and it really is a very large sum.
    Didn't realise you had one. Presumably you loan it out?

By going rate I meant 'how many years can people hack it', rather than how much it costs.

By going rate I meant 'how many years can people hack it', rather than how much it costs.
    I did roughly 10 years on, 15 off, 10 on, now I'm off again. I rather enjoy being off, actually.

It's Allegri, by the way. Coming in the summer #ITK

Yes, I had one from 97-2002 when residing in your city for the second time but said ticket was not in my name. Upon moving to Ashburton Grove I was awarded my own having spent many years on the waiting list. It would have been silly to not take it up.

First few years I used at my leisure and loaned out when not, but ultimately at a loss. Good friend of mine from home then turned up and basically though it is in my name he pays the full whack each year and attends accordingly.

I still get the membership pack, natch.

My own attendance is based on my Silver membership.

About a dozen seasons, while I was a typical well-dressed young man about town living in Mayfair. A few of us bought bonds back then and, after I decamped, I held onto two season tickets for my (inevitable) sons, my big brother, who still resides in town, looking after them.

For me, going to the football was always to be a young man's game and I was never going to be a middle-aged dad going along with his boys and spoiling all their fun. Unlike the rugby or the opera, for instance.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."