Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So you are the new manager of Arsenal, You will be provided funds but forget that for

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    OK, this is also provided with the understanding we would replace these with better

Cech
    Monreal
    Per
    Gabriel
    Coq
    Walcott

Others I would be meh about, but I feel we can improve on all of them quite easily
    I'd add Ramsey to that list and Carzola - Ramsay because he's only ever looked quality for a couple of months a couple of years ago, Carzola because he's now an injury liability

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    now.

who's out the door?

No one should be out of the door immediately.

Ozil and Sanchez are not signing contracts so they will be sold. Replacing Sanchez and Ozil would the be the first challenge. The powers that be are responsible for getting the best money for them.

I could argue that time on the training pitch to turn essentially good players into a functioning unit would be job two. Once you have worked out that some of these players are not capable of playing the manager's game, then you think about moving them on.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    No one should be out of the door immediately.

Ozil and Sanchez are not signing contracts so they will be sold. Replacing Sanchez and Ozil would the be the first challenge. The powers that be are responsible for getting the best money for them.

I could argue that time on the training pitch to turn essentially good players into a functioning unit would be job two. Once you have worked out that some of these players are not capable of playing the manager's game, then you think about moving them on.
    Plenty of room for developing/improving players in the squad. Ramsey and Ox spring to mind. Maybe even Gibbs could benefit from a different type of manager? Look at what Conte has done with Victor Moses this year.

The question should be, 'who doesn't want to stay?'. Those that feel like they're banging their heads against the wall. ie, the better players. All the wasters, those on huge wages, years on contract still but, can't be arsed to put in 100% every game, will be happy(ish) as things are.
    I feel so sad that the situation has finally come to what we have seen coming for some years. AW has been an honorable and truly dedicated manager. He must be in a pretty bad place right now and either we don't have the players that can produce, or we have the players that AW can't motivate. It pisses me off big time when you we see all those jolly pictures put out on the club's web site, of the players having such a great time at London Colney on training days. As if they haven't a care in the world.
    Sad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Look at what Conte has done with Victor Moses this year.
    - Conte has certainly pepped up the Chelsea team this year.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I signed a 4 yr contract on £5m a yr.... happy to be sacked
    You sold yourself short P. That other hopeless **** was on 8!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Out

Cech - damaged goods when we bought him
    Ospina or Chesney - if Chesney wants to come back then it's Ospina…if he doesn't then Ospina can stay
    Debuchy - just let him go
    Mertersacker - same as debuchy
    Ramsey - Arsenal career ended vs Watford
    Wilshere - too injury prone & attitude won't change
    Walcott - All he's done in 10 years at Arsenal is grown a beard
    Ozil - he was only bought to appease the fans…services no longer required
    Giroud - same as Ospina…time to freshen up this department

Skating on thin ice but worth 2nd chances

Gibbs - to be fair the lad hasn't had much playing time and Monreal is due an injury
    Callum - lets see what he learnt on loan…still time for him to mature as player
    Gabriel - probably lacking confidence - solid player and worth 1 more season
    Jenkinson - same as Gabriel but maybe we send him out on loan

More or Less Gone
    Santi - will expect him to fade out of existence like Arteta did…injuries have been cruel to him.

Would definitely get Kasper Schmicheal in as our new no1 and blow the rest on 1 superstar player like Griezemann.

Also would play a 3-5-2.

with Holding, Mustafi and Koscielny as the back 3.

Bellerin and Gibbs as speedy marauding wing backs

Elneny and Xhaka holding in midfield and then any combination of 3 from the following - Ox, Lucas, Welbeck, Griezemann and Alexis.

quite line Ox and Lucas holding with Griezemann up front...let's **** off Alexis a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ramsey
    Wilshere
    Jenkinson
    Debuchy
    Possibly Theo or Ox but probably neither.
    With Ozil and Sanchez probably going that makes enough space and income. Time to build a new midfield squad and a new forward.
    (If I get rid of any more British players do I have to sign more? I really don't want to)
    British players are alright, I think, if they actually *are* British players and not merely British players because their passport says so.

A midget midfielder like Wilshere, for example, is never going to be of any real use to us unless he somehow turns into Billy Bremner or Dennis Wise, or even David Batty. These men ought to be his ideal, not Xavi or Verratti.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."