Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a realistic possibility that our squad is actually ****?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is there a realistic possibility that our squad is actually ****?

No question that some of them are useless ****s. I mean if Wenger leaves is it possible that a perfectly good manager comes in and just cannot get anything out of them because they are ****/lazy/injured/****s or a combination of all four?

I don't think its the case but I cant completely rule it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No question that some of them are useless ****s. I mean if Wenger leaves is it possible that a perfectly good manager comes in and just cannot get anything out of them because they are ****/lazy/injured/****s or a combination of all four?

None of them are useless, obviously - the level of ability to get to where they are and the competition they have had to see off is incredible, but then you must know this. If our squad is **** every other squad in the league bar Chelsea, must therefore be **** since none are capable at this point in the season of accruing more points. And even Chelsea are only 10 points or so from being ****. How **** is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    None of them are useless, obviously - the level of ability to get to where they are and the competition they have had to see off is incredible, but then you must know this. If our squad is **** every other squad in the league bar Chelsea, must therefore be **** since none are capable at this point in the season of accruing more points. And even Chelsea are only 10 points or so from being ****. How **** is that.
    Right, I get that. My point was more that there seems to be a general assumption that they are capable of better were it not for Wenger and his general silliness. What if this is actually the summit of what they are capable of and without Wenger we are useless?

I haven't seen enough of Mustafi or Xhaka but what I have seen varies from great to terrible. Do you think they are any good?

Right, I get that. My point was more that there seems to be a general assumption that they are capable of better were it not for Wenger and his general silliness. What if this is actually the summit of what they are capable of and without Wenger we are useless?

I haven't seen enough of Mustafi or Xhaka but what I have seen varies from great to terrible. Do you think they are any good?
    Well Mustafi was doing alright until the Watford game as he was unbeaten. From a technical stand point I don't know.

More sensibly put. And yes both are excellent footballers. Mustafi made an immediate difference when he came in and even if he struggling bit for form now, I think most people recognise his quality. As for Xhaka, we clearly haven't seen the best of him - read the article I posted the other day and the difference he made to Monchengladbach team - we have quite a talent there

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    More sensibly put. And yes both are excellent footballers. Mustafi made an immediate difference when he came in and even if he struggling bit for form now, I think most people recognise his quality. As for Xhaka, we clearly haven't seen the best of him - read the article I posted the other day and the difference he made to Monchengladbach team - we have quite a talent there
    Mustafi, quite understandably, looks far better playing alongside the outstanding Koscielny. He is also still in his first season with us and his first season as a big money signing. I am not concerned.

Xhaka has been unlucky. His first red was a joke and his second somewhat borderline. I hope to see more of him. If we have a weakness I am sure it is in midfield (wide forwards could be a bit better and a top class left back would be nice, but you know what I mean)

No we are actually good and that's why we are frustrating.
    However we are a mix of good players and overrated ones.

It seems to be the mentality is weird. But it's not exclusive to this current bunch of players it seems to have happened previously. When we are confident we play amazing football at times. It seems when the big occasion arrives we don't turn up for it. These players should be really excited for a game against Bayern. After all this is what we are told is footballers dream of.

On a side note. I find it really weird that Gibbs is playing lately it's like a flashback.

We seem to lack leadership.

It seems pretty fair to say the old ******* has been found wanting in his purchase of world class defenders over the years, bar a couple of exceptions but there seems a surplus of good players elsewhere in the squard.
    He places very little importance upon the captaincy, as demonstrated buy his peculiar choices of Per and Arteta; who both went on to play a mere handful of games following their appointments.
    Lack of leadership and heads dropping when going behind to more stiff opponents comes up time and again. Either way, we've been pretty poor for too long in the bigger fixtures. Wenger's stuck in a rut and seems clueless in terms of being to be able to make that quantum leap between being a good side to becoming a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    It seems pretty fair to say the old ******* has been found wanting in his purchase of world class defenders over the years, bar a couple of exceptions but there seems a surplus of good players elsewhere in the squard.
    He places very little importance upon the captaincy, as demonstrated buy his peculiar choices of Per and Arteta; who both went on to play a mere handful of games following their appointments.
    Lack of leadership and heads dropping when going behind to more stiff opponents comes up time and again. Either way, we've been pretty poor for too long in the bigger fixtures. Wenger's stuck in a rut and seems clueless in terms of being to be able to make that quantum leap between being a good side to becoming a great one.
    Right, but the question was more about the quality in the squad. THat was more a general anti wenger rant.

Also, I would argue that our current options at centre back are as good as they have been since Adams, Keown and big Sol were around. If we lack world class defenders its because they are incredibly difficult to find. In Koscielny we certainly have one.

Right, but the question was more about the quality in the squad. THat was more a general anti wenger rant.

Also, I would argue that our current options at centre back are as good as they have been since Adams, Keown and big Sol were around. If we lack world class defenders its because they are incredibly difficult to find. In Koscielny we certainly have one.
    Do you think a strong captain would put up with Sanchez's arm waving tantrums?
    I think they would. And I think another manager would try to stop them doing this.