Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Is there a realistic possibility that our squad is actually ****?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Right, but the question was more about the quality in the squad. THat was more a general anti wenger rant.

Also, I would argue that our current options at centre back are as good as they have been since Adams, Keown and big Sol were around. If we lack world class defenders its because they are incredibly difficult to find. In Koscielny we certainly have one.
    Indeed - Chelsea and City were both after ones in the summer. Chelsea couldn't find one - or get clubs to sell the ones they wanted - and resorted to Luiz (but you can't help by admire the brilliance of Conte in working the situation) incurred and City resorting to throwing money at a talented but incredibly naive one in Stones. I don't think anyone is in any doubt the Mustafi is overpriced at what we paid, but his early form certainly attracted admiring glances from other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Indeed - Chelsea and City were both after ones in the summer. Chelsea couldn't find one - or get clubs to sell the ones they wanted - and resorted to Luiz (but you can't help by admire the brilliance of Conte in working the situation) incurred and City resorting to throwing money at a talented but incredibly naive one in Stones. I don't think anyone is in any doubt the Mustafi is overpriced at what we paid, but his early form certainly attracted admiring glances from other clubs
    Tough to put a realistic price on a player that improves your side. All you can say is that he is worth a lot more than one that doesn't.

I may be in a minority but I would trust Per and I like Holding. Gabriel I am not sure about yet but in previous years we were desperately short on any kind of cover, let alone decent cover. This is like centre back heaven in comparison.

I have to say though....I want Ramsey gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I wouldn't say he is overpriced if we get a decent career out of him at the club, similarly Stones at City.

Outrageous sums of money of course but that is modern football. Rio Ferdinand costs ****loads over a decade ago but considering what Utd got from him you could say he was worth every penny.