Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As I said the other day, the good thing about being 2nd in the group

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Never been done before, I know this from this week's coverage of PSG/Barcelona and then of course our own defeat.

You and I both know with 100% certainty that Bayern will score so we will need to score 5 to their 1 in order to even get it to extra-time. I am not sure this will happen.

However if we do then they also have the added advantage of being able to surpass our 1 away goal thus rendering our task more difficult.

Finally, to not overlook how inferior we are to them both footballistically and in respect of the great intangible mental strength. Yes, that gem.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ampionsleague1

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Of course Deportivo didn't need the fourth but still - also worth looking who the manager of Milan was that night

As admirable a feat as it was they were only trailing by 3.

Probably the finest away performance I saw at Highbury in the CL also.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As admirable a feat as it was they were only trailing by 3.

Probably the finest away performance I saw at Highbury in the CL also.
    As i pointed out yes, they didn't need the fourth - it was probably better placed in after Ash's post where he said:

"I will have to pretend there is hope, however tiny and absurd, that a geniune giant of European football could lose 4-0 to a weaker team."
    This is definitely an example of that - The AC Milan team several all-time greats, Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Cafu. The Deportivo team was good but weaker than AC
    I was trying to give him hope, sw. Would you deprive him of that?

:bungabunga:

As i pointed out yes, they didn't need the fourth - it was probably better placed in after Ash's post where he said:

"I will have to pretend there is hope, however tiny and absurd, that a geniune giant of European football could lose 4-0 to a weaker team."
    This is definitely an example of that - The AC Milan team several all-time greats, Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Cafu. The Deportivo team was good but weaker than AC
    I would hope we will at least go at them a bit. That official tweet was a bit ****ing classless wasn't it?

I pay very little attention to them as a club but I noted they were being quite united-like at the notion of a legitimate penalty being given against them and seemed determined to try and get people booked or sent off for a spell after that.

I don't like them.

Ash is a realist.

He walks a lot, dresses mainly in black and takes solace from the music of The Stranglers. Not for him whims of fancy.

He knows we are fúcked. There is no hope. Best we all accept that now.

We're not good enough, there is no shame in that, none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I would hope we will at least go at them a bit. That official tweet was a bit ****ing classless wasn't it?

I pay very little attention to them as a club but I noted they were being quite united-like at the notion of a legitimate penalty being given against them and seemed determined to try and get people booked or sent off for a spell after that.

I don't like them.
    The time to go at them was on Wednesday. This game should be an opportunity for a gentle stroll around, retaining energy for the challenges to come.

A little word with Bayern off the record should see a comfortable 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    is still being in the tie when getting to the pub before the home leg.

This is worse than a dead rubber, it's cold humiliation. I know we contrived a heroic and moderatly entertaining failure to claw back three of the four against Meelan, but they were Italians. They had no idea how to defend a four goal lead, and didn't get their act together until our third. It won't happen again, and we will get double-gubbed.

I will of course attend out of duty but am a little bit not looking forward to it.
    Imagine if we score in the second minute, then in the 10th, Hummels pulls Sanchez down when he';s clean through- penalty and a red card!

We'd miss the pelanty and lose 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Imagine if we score in the second minute, then in the 10th, Hummels pulls Sanchez down when he';s clean through- penalty and a red card!

We'd miss the pelanty and lose 1-2
    Lucas is going to save us Sir C.
    Him and the australian kid.