Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
There shall be an initial early onslaught, bouyed a little by a noisy crowd, of this I am sure. I expect Bayern will however be too clever to succumb to this most basic of tactic.

I simply hope in our energetic desire to get back into the game we don't get caught and go 1 down as despite the undoubted noisy Germans I expect there will be much dissenting and booing etc.
Yes, we probably won't hear the boos and grumbles because of that fùcking drum and two thousand perfectly co-ordinated Germans marching in step for 90 minutes. I can't believe they let that fùcking drum in. Actually, I can.

Though, to contradict what I said earlier, when we got the 2-0 out there and had them a bit worried at the end, the consensus was "well, Bayern had their foot off the gas. They knew they had won so had no intensity and let Arsenal back into the tie". Mr Souness in particular was very clear about this. I will have to pretend there is hope, however tiny and absurd, that a geniune giant of European football could lose 4-0 to a weaker team.