Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So Wenger says he's going to manage someone next year. The board have said that a

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He coaches the chicks team mate.

That is not respected by anybody and I suspect the shorts are somehow linked to this other job.
    What? In a sort of Jimmy Savile/'How's about that then?' sort of way, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What on earth are you gibbering about? You're railing against some mythical 'snobberati' in a conversation about Vic Akers? Are you just trying to demonstrate how superior you are to this group you have invented in your head?

You're still píssed, aren't you?
    Actually no.

At 11:15am you simply replied to me that he was a professional football coach in some way implying that alone meant he was deserving of respect. I challenged this suggesting that a title alone counts for **** all.

Trust me, I normally speak with 1-2 professional UEFA badged coaches on a weekly basis and it is not unknown to come away wondering what on earth they really know about football beyond their obvious and undoubted ability to set out cones in a set formation, to distribute bibs in a 50-50 equal split and to run sessions at certain times.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No - he moved full time to men's team in 2009. You must have followed them at some point to know that he was manager
    You told me, in the pub. I told you to be quiet, to stop such obvious diversion tactics and to get your round in. Your phone mysteriously went off, even though it must have been on silent, then you disappeared.

Actually no.

At 11:15am you simply replied to me that he was a professional football coach in some way implying that alone meant he was deserving of respect. I challenged this suggesting that a title alone counts for **** all.

Trust me, I normally speak with 1-2 professional UEFA badged coaches on a weekly basis and it is not unknown to come away wondering what on earth they really know about football beyond their obvious and undoubted ability to set out cones in a set formation, to distribute bibs in a 50-50 equal split and to run sessions at certain times.
    A professional coach earning his living at The Arsenal Football Club might conceivably be rather more informed than chaps coaching kid's teams, to be fair.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about respect, I was simply suggesting that as a coach with a lifetime of experience in the game, he is porbably a useful chap to have around the place.

God knows where you got Pulis and Phil Neal from.

A professional coach earning his living at The Arsenal Football Club might conceivably be rather more informed than chaps coaching kid's teams, to be fair.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about respect, I was simply suggesting that as a coach with a lifetime of experience in the game, he is porbably a useful chap to have around the place.

'Porbably' has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? I think we should make it a word.

Pulis and Neal are simply examples of people with a lifetime of experience in the game but are more or less totally void of any respect, simply figures of ridicule and fun.

You have a very old fashioned sense of respect which is fair enough. You seem to respect position, I don't share this view.

I imagine you are the type of person who would refer to a retired Army or Military person by their previous job title.

Pulis and Neal are simply examples of people with a lifetime of experience in the game but are more or less totally void of any respect, simply figures of ridicule and fun.

You have a very old fashioned sense of respect which is fair enough. You seem to respect position, I don't share this view.

I imagine you are the type of person who would refer to a retired Army or Military person by their previous job title.

Oh, I don't blame you, I appreciate that you have grown up in a culture in which respect, including self-respect, is an unknown concept.

Here in England we grow up with a natural sense of decency, that's all.

Oh, I don't blame you, I appreciate that you have grown up in a culture in which respect, including self-respect, is an unknown concept.

Here in England we grow up with a natural sense of decency, that's all.
    There you go - personal insult, attempted bullying.

True to form.

What about Lord Harris of Peckham Rye, surely you respect *him*?

How about Sir Chippendale of Keswick?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

How about Sir Chippendale of Keswick?
    I respect any man who can make a shedload of money from stripping his clothes off for gagging housewives.