Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Wenger says he's going to manage someone next year. The board have said that a

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Without wishing to go all Monty on the issue here it is still conceivable that he could win the FA Cup and secure our annual 7 game European challenge at which point he can readily stand back and point to this as having achieved what many would say is a realistic target for the year.

The embarrassment and shame of recent performances, Watford and the second 45 in both Munich and Chelsea will be distant memories.

The poor *******s managing the club PR will have a difficult time as they deal with supporter unrest amid season ticket price increases but they will style it out with their usual level of incompetence and disregard.

Meanwhile two of Klopp/Pochetinno/Guardiola/Mourinho will not have achieved CL football, unless United win the Europa League, and we will start again next August.
    I think he'll stay now. I was a bit upset after Wednesdays display. it will soon be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    At least he's started throwing an iron over our shirts.

Honestly. The day we ran out for the second half wearing shirts that showed the creases from where they'd been folded, I thought I was going to pass out.
    What does a kit man even do these days? I assume they just have new kit every game, so it's not like the old days when he had to get boots cleaned and jockstraps laundered, is it? He basically just puts out stuff that's been delivered by the various suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What does a kit man even do these days? I assume they just have new kit every game, so it's not like the old days when he had to get boots cleaned and jockstraps laundered, is it? He basically just puts out stuff that's been delivered by the various suppliers
    I suspect he's mainly there to be another 'proper football man' around the place. He's a respected coach in his own right, I believe. It's just that someone has to be responsible for having kit available.

I suspect he's mainly there to be another 'proper football man' around the place. He's a respected coach in his own right, I believe. It's just that someone has to be responsible for having kit available.
    He coaches the chicks team mate.

That is not respected by anybody and I suspect the shorts are somehow linked to this other job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think he'll stay now. I was a bit upset after Wednesdays display. it will soon be forgotten.
    I thought the Watford and Chelsea games were more serious, but the Bayern match would have hit Him harder.

Oddly enough.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He coaches the chicks team mate.

That is not respected by anybody and I suspect the shorts are somehow linked to this other job.
    Well there you are. He's a full time professional coach

They are like centre forwards - obsolete in the modern game but people have fond memories of them so you keep one around. Some people even swear by them

Well there you are. He's a full time professional coach

Except he stepped down in 2009 - I guess the news hasn't reached the Emerald Isle yet

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Except he stepped down in 2009 - I guess the news hasn't reached the Emerald Isle yet
    Right. But he must have been qualified to be a professional coach, surely?

My point is, he knows a thing or two about the game and clearly isn't just there to take the shirts out of their packets.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They are like centre forwards - obsolete in the modern game but people have fond memories of them so you keep one around. Some people even swear by them
    Your mum is obsolete in the modern game.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."