Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Wenger says he's going to manage someone next year. The board have said that a

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    contract is always on the table for Him.

So it's looking increasingly likely that He'll extend his stay. Best get behind Him and support the team, then.
    It's odd he said 'somewhere else'

I think he hasn't made up his mind yet.

He could have just said yes I feel I will be managing next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The trouble is that I worry that he's now holed up in his bunker living in a fantasy realm with Steve Bould acting as his Goebells and Vic Akers as Martin Boormann, assuring that victory is in his grasp.
    Boro Primorac as von Rundstedt; "Wen interessiert es, wenn wir kein Mittelfeld haben, WIR KÖNNEN DOCH NOCH GEWINNEN!"
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Is Vic in his shorts?

Naturally. He's been wearing them so long now they'd have to be surgically removed.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Boro Primorac as von Rundstedt; "Wen interessiert es, wenn wir kein Mittelfeld haben, WIR KÖNNEN DOCH NOCH GEWINNEN!"
    If I put this in google translate will it mention those mysterious unit holders again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's odd he said 'somewhere else'

I think he hasn't made up his mind yet.

He could have just said yes I feel I will be managing next year.
    That means He'd definitely be staying though. It's difficult.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Clinging desperately to the belief that Cazorla will come back from injury and turn things around.

That means He'd definitely be staying though. It's difficult.
    I think the Wenger actually said
    I will manage next season, at Arsenal or Simoene else.

Naturally. He's been wearing them so long now they'd have to be surgically removed.
    At least he's started throwing an iron over our shirts.

Honestly. The day we ran out for the second half wearing shirts that showed the creases from where they'd been folded, I thought I was going to pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think the Wenger actually said
    I will manage next season, at Arsenal or Simoene else.
    Without wishing to go all Monty on the issue here it is still conceivable that he could win the FA Cup and secure our annual 7 game European challenge at which point he can readily stand back and point to this as having achieved what many would say is a realistic target for the year.

The embarrassment and shame of recent performances, Watford and the second 45 in both Munich and Chelsea will be distant memories.

The poor *******s managing the club PR will have a difficult time as they deal with supporter unrest amid season ticket price increases but they will style it out with their usual level of incompetence and disregard.

Meanwhile two of Klopp/Pochetinno/Guardiola/Mourinho will not have achieved CL football, unless United win the Europa League, and we will start again next August.

The trouble is that I worry that he's now holed up in his bunker living in a fantasy realm with Steve Bould acting as his Goebells and Vic Akers as Martin Boormann, assuring that victory is in his grasp.
    There are other factors that concern me. Lets assume he signs for two more years and also assume that achieving the current level of success would be considered as failure for him (though not necessarily for a new manager).

Given the current squad, the likelihood of both Sanchez and Ozil going and Wenger's long term reluctance to change too much in the squad in one window, how likely is it that he could challenge for the title or the Champions League in the next two years?

I would say it would be close to zero, which means he is almost certain to see the same level of criticism for two more years.

It feels like the right time to go. I cant stand watching him take this **** from everyone but I also cant stand watching this team. I watch about one game in five and rarely make it to the end.