Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So The Guardian et al are outraged because 40% of people tasered in London are black

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not really about race though is it. More yer disenfranchised white working class Trump voter kind of deal. Not that I would accuse Ralph of that kind of thing.
    Why are you assuming that Ralph was white?

Bit racist :sniff:

I note the repeated use of the word 'accused' there. I think you know where I am going with this.
    I can guess. You're saying that accusation isn't guilt and that this might just show that the Met is racist, etc, etc. However, officers are required to provide evidence before they charge anyone with a crime and, since that involves things like witness statements, etc, this will often mean the suspect is independently identified as black. Equally, there is no getting way from the fact that in 54% of street crimes/59% of robbery/67% of gun crimes where police catch their suspect, that suspect is black. I suspect the conviction rates would be similar.
    Equally, since the conviction rate for violent offences is around 80% (much higher if you remove rape from the equation), it's fair to say that being charged and arraigned is a reasonable general indicator of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He came home too drunk
    From mixing Tanqueray and wine
    Got a gun
    Killed a night clerk
    Now they call him Johnny 99.
    To be fair, he did have debts no honest man could pay. Now I aint saying that makes him an innocent man.

I am saying that Johnny gets a fair old airing live. Would it kill him to do My Father's House, just once??

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can guess. You're saying that accusation isn't guilt and that this might just show that the Met is racist, etc, etc. However, officers are required to provide evidence before they charge anyone with a crime and, since that involves things like witness statements, etc, this will often mean the suspect is independently identified as black. Equally, there is no getting way from the fact that in 54% of street crimes/59% of robbery/67% of gun crimes where police catch their suspect, that suspect is black. I suspect the conviction rates would be similar.
    Equally, since the conviction rate for violent offences is around 80% (much higher if you remove rape from the equation), it's fair to say that being charged and arraigned is a reasonable general indicator of guilt.
    But rich white men made them do them fings. Because, I dunno, slavery?

He came home too drunk
    Got a gun
    Killed a night clerk
    Too drunk for what?

And 99 years for murder, I hardly think this likely.

He came home too drunk
    Got a gun
    Killed a night clerk
    Tanqueray and wine has always bothered me. Were they in the same glass?

To be fair, he did have debts no honest man could pay. Now I aint saying that makes him an innocent man.

I am saying that Johnny gets a fair old airing live. Would it kill him to do My Father's House, just once??
    Does he still do Nebraska? I like that won.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You'd be a bundle of joy on a jury wouldn't you. Charges are a reasonable indicator of guilt? Are they are reasonable indicator of the need to TASER?

Of these 40% that were TASERED, how many were charged/found guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Too drunk for what?

Ralph was certainly shocked at the severity of the sentence. And he said so.

Well your honour I do believe I'd be better off dead
    So if you can take a man's life for the thoughts that's in his head
    Then sit back in that chair and think it over judge one more time
    And let 'em shave off my hair and put me on that killin' line

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Too drunk for what?

I imagine much of that sentence was for mixing gin and wine in the same glass. I'd hang a man for that.