Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: So The Guardian et al are outraged because 40% of people tasered in London are black

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well this is what's going to start happening, of course. Just because pinko bleeding heart types like p get their knickers in a twist about this, the cops are going to react by tasering us all left, right and centre. You'll be going along, minding our own business and then, out of nowhere, it'll be ZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP!!!!! and you'll be on the floor, doing the chicken and pissing yourself - all because plod doesn't want people thinking he's racist.
    Which will give you a great insight into what it is like to be black.

We are all brothers under the skin, b.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Think this is my favourite story from the Grauniad today though
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-marcel-proust

Front-page stuff
    Wow. Learn something new. I though a cortege was only at a funeral (or other solemn procession.) But they say it was a wedding cortege. Never knew that. (Unless it was a sad wedding.)

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Statistically, it's true. The CPS generally don't bring cases without a strong chance of conviction (unless you're a celeb accused of nonceing in which case it's open season thanks to that arse Keir Starmer).

I'm guessing that coppers would rather not taser people if they don't have to (paperwork, tedious enquiries, the possibility the cünt will croak, etc), so I would argue they're unlikely to use them unless they feel reasonably threatened or the suspect is physically resisting arrest, being aggressive or obstreperous. Thus, in a sense. the use of a taser to me indicates that there's a pretty good chance the suspect already has or is about to commit a crime.
    Actually, the CPS prosecute if they think they have a 50% chance or more of conviction.