Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So The Guardian et al are outraged because 40% of people tasered in London are black

So The Guardian et al are outraged because 40% of people tasered in London are black

but black people make up only 15% of London's population.

However, given that 54 per cent of those accused of street crimes were black; 59 percent of those accused of robbery and 67% of those accused of gun crimes, it seems to me that 40% is actually a pretty low figure.

So in fact, the story here should be: "Police not tasering enough black people in London'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

However, given that 54 per cent of those accused of street crimes were black; 59 percent of those accused of robbery and 67% of those accused of gun crimes, it seems to me that 40% is actually a pretty low figure.

So in fact, the story here should be: "Police not tasering enough black people in London'
    Think this is my favourite story from the Grauniad today though
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-marcel-proust

Front-page stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Front-page stuff
    I read the one about crossing. Rubbish.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I read the one about crossing. Rubbish.
    Yes I read that too - Professors getting involved in football, r. Whatever next?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Front-page stuff
    But - as the footage makes clear - absolutely everyone looked like Marcel Proust back then, so it could be any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Do cops have to actually shout “Taser” when doing the deed or is that merely a TV thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Do cops have to actually shout “Taser” when doing the deed or is that merely a TV thing?
    it's part of a sponsorship deal.

but if it's on BBC news they have to say 'TASER TASER other conducted electrical weapons are available'

No idea, I'm one of the 60%.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I think they do. They seem to shout it while it's being deployed - presumably so that their colleagues know the scrote on the ground has a fűckton of Voltage going through them and that it's probably best to steer clear until they stop twitching.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No idea, I'm one of the 60%.
    ...so far, anyway.