Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coquelin last night......

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'll be honest - I couldn't tell Mustafi from Iwobi from my seat, so I wouldn't want to judge anyone's performance. We'd only just got in by that point thanks to ridiculously ****ed up entrance system - which despite the huge amount thrown at the Germans was as far as I could tell all down to Arsenal and the need to check ****ing passports for a game of football
    Stop! Show me your papers

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Stop! Show me your papers
    For you, Tommy, ze chempions ligue is ofer!

He was just rather stationary. perhaps replays make it look worserer.
    There were 3 players in front of Robben, he was just waiting for it break his way.....on the assumption that someone might have made a tackle. Ozil was poor in 2nd half but not blaming him for that

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    There were 3 players in front of Robben, he was just waiting for it break his way.....on the assumption that someone might have made a tackle. Ozil was poor in 2nd half but not blaming him for that
    Do you think Coq gets a regular start under a new manager?
    Iwobi has lots of potential but I was a bit concerned with Iwobi, Oxlade and Coq starting.

Do you think Coq gets a regular start under a new manager?
    Iwobi has lots of potential but I was a bit concerned with Iwobi, Oxlade and Coq starting.
    Iwobi looked a rabbit in headlights and Coq like a Charlton CM. Thought the Ox was one of our better players.....until the 5th goal

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    For you, Tommy, ze chempions ligue is ofer!
    Tommy

PANews_P-86d79234-98fb-481d-a698-c29d41a864ea_I1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Iwobi looked a rabbit in headlights and Coq like a Charlton CM. Thought the Ox was one of our better players.....until the 5th goal
    I think Coq has been pretty poor for a while now. I think he used to over compensate ability with intensity.
    I saw a stat that we lose quite often when he plays. It's odd as he seemed good.

I think Coq has been pretty poor for a while now. I think he used to over compensate ability with intensity.
    I saw a stat that we lose quite often when he plays. It's odd as he seemed good.
    I'm guessing that he does well when we set ourselves up to keep it tight. Which isn't very often, of course.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

He is a quite limited footballer but one who has a purpose within a team set-up. Unfortunately when a team has little or no structure or set-up his use becomes lessened.

Bizarrely for a footballer his main qualities exist when he does not have a ball at his feet. As an American may say, go figure.

However given his (over-elevated) status as a tenacious, snappy, aggressive midfielder one would have at least hoped have seen him employ his limited skills on the pitch last night, instead one could have been totally unaware he was actually on the pitch.

Then again our midfield is in a bit of a muddle, a mess even, certainly appears void of a plan.

I blame Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He is a quite limited footballer but one who has a purpose within a team set-up. Unfortunately when a team has little or no structure or set-up his use becomes lessened.

Bizarrely for a footballer his main qualities exist when he does not have a ball at his feet. As an American may say, go figure.

However given his (over-elevated) status as a tenacious, snappy, aggressive midfielder one would have at least hoped have seen him employ his limited skills on the pitch last night, instead one could have been totally unaware he was actually on the pitch.

Then again our midfield is in a bit of a muddle, a mess even, certainly appears void of a plan.

I blame Wenger.
    I'd have played Elneny.