Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyway, what do I know? I watched Roots last night instead.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Let me know when they achieve an African Las Vegas. Or even a Luton.
    Well clearly there's a ways to go yet. But what I mean is that it's heartening to see a guy trying to sell shoelaces on the street rather than sitting staring blankly into the middle distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's almost gone the full Big Fat Ron there, Clive.
    It is funny, isn't it, though. If you or I said what r has, we'd get fücking crucified.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It is funny, isn't it, though. If you or I said what r has, we'd get fücking crucified.
    Not the whole story. You'd get crucified by white liberals, but Red would equally get crucified by black liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Not the whole story. You'd get crucified by white liberals, but Red would equally get crucified by black liberals.
    Well he'd get criticised, of course, but - and this is crucial - they wouldn't be able to hurl the catch-all accusation of racism at him.

Well he'd get criticised, of course, but - and this is crucial - they wouldn't be able to hurl the catch-all accusation of racism at him.
    Jorge used to
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Jorge used to
    Yes, but j is a saint among men who has never been racist about anyone except the English and Americans. We're all racist in his eyes.

Surely the best you can hope for is to be a self-hating black man?

This sounds like an excuse you use for not doing housework, mate.
    I don't need an excuse; I married a German.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

There was that great joke in the 80s. "I'm not saying my mate's racist but he recorded Roots and watched it backwards so it had a happy ending."

FFS :reversespoilers:

Yes, but j is a saint among men who has never been racist about anyone except the English and Americans. We're all racist in his eyes.

Surely the best you can hope for is to be a self-hating black man?
    I've no idea what that means. Just not our (the redgunamos', I mean) sort, I suspect.

Well clearly there's a ways to go yet. But what I mean is that it's heartening to see a guy trying to sell shoelaces on the street rather than sitting staring blankly into the middle distance.
    Judge them in May, do you mean? Right.