Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I reckon I've only ever been angered by 4 football matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh right, it's clearly a fúcking crisis then.
    nice to see you are on message, sc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You're right of course.

Murdoch, et al is to blame - not the players and agents who are milking it dry.

Kodi streams from now on
    I was a little surprised there a week or two ago when I read a piece with Carl Jenkinson who was discussing his non-move to Palace. He did not of course lay out the full reasons but did state the issue was not financial.

He did however mention that he had still another 3.5 years on his deal with us, which surprised this reader. Mental arithmetic of 3.5 years lead me to 182 weeks and I hazarded a guess at perhaps £25,000 per week. So I worked out we had committed to paying this chap a further sum of £4.6m in basic salary over a period when it is not impossible to think that he may never kick a first team ball again.

The whole thing is wrong.

I don’t blame him of course, nor the club really.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was a little surprised there a week or two ago when I read a piece with Carl Jenkinson who was discussing his non-move to Palace. He did not of course lay out the full reasons but did state the issue was not financial.

He did however mention that he had still another 3.5 years on his deal with us, which surprised this reader. Mental arithmetic of 3.5 years lead me to 182 weeks and I hazarded a guess at perhaps £25,000 per week. So I worked out we had committed to paying this chap a further sum of £4.6m in basic salary over a period when it is not impossible to think that he may never kick a first team ball again.

He can get a lot of arsenal wallpaper with that money.

Oh right, it's clearly a fúcking crisis then.
    Our position in the table is not relevant as we have no chance of winning the league, and it is still February.

What is relevant are the appalling performances against big teams in important matches, how often it has happened over the past 5 or 6 years and the lack of real challenges for the league or the CL over the past 11 years. All of those things are terribly relevant and terribly damning.

Good thing is that while people like you may not realizing how damning these things are, there are increasing signs that Wenger does.

A prime example of the third rate, second stringer. Earning millions...

AND the 'Arsenalification' of that bedroom; well, quite remarkable.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    He can get a lot of arsenal wallpaper with that money.
    Arsenal wallpaper is hard to come by... could be a fash marketing idea here for you
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    A prime example of the third rate, second stringer. Earning millions...

AND the 'Arsenalification' of that bedroom; well, quite remarkable.
    If my kid who is 9 asked for that I would tell him to grow up.

7 times? Apologies, I didn't realise I was conversing with a JCL glory-hunting type

You might be happier going to see Ed Sheeran, I think. He plays some nice pop songs.
    It isn't like I am standing there calling for Born in the USA. Just maybe one of his selection of, oooh, 20 odd best songs that he never plays. It amazes me that people like you can stand there and watch Working on the Highway for the 20th time and not at least wonder whether the old **** might consider slipping in Used Cars, or Backstreets, Racing in the Street, Factory, a full band Thunder Road perhaps, something from Joad other than Youngstown...just once.

The live shows have become a little predictable. Still a great night and compared to watching anyone else a great show. Just not as good as it could/should be.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

I've read he's on £45k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Our position in the table is not relevant as we have no chance of winning the league, and it is still February.

What is relevant are the appalling performances against big teams in important matches, how often it has happened over the past 5 or 6 years and the lack of real challenges for the league or the CL over the past 11 years. All of those things are terribly relevant and terribly damning.

Good thing is that while people like you may not realizing how damning these things are, there are increasing signs that Wenger does.
    And you are skipping over the poor performances against average/**** teams, as well as the regular habit of completely failing to turn up at home to Watford.

It isn't just big games against big sides where we let ourselves down. It regularly occurs against rubbish as well.