Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I reckon I've only ever been angered by 4 football matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I can remember not giving a **** about that game so I didn't blame the players too much. Some of that squad need ****ing out the door and have needed it for years. I would start with Ramsey and Wilshere.
    I didn't really care until it became apparent how much the players didn't give a shït, at which point I got very cross. It was a disgraceful display of misplaced and unearned arrogance.

We've always kept too many players hanging around for no good reason. Remember Jeremie Aliadiere being on our books for basically his entire career despite being a/ shït b/ made of glass and c/ playing about 3 games a season?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Ah, the "Wenger should choose his own departure date" stance. Why exactly?

He is an employee of the club . Our toilets, as you rightly say, are state of the art and pristine but if the man charged with ensuring they remain so began failing to notice skid marks in the bowls then he would be quickly replaced.

Have you never worked in a firm where the CEO, usually a founder owner, hangs on well into his seventies and starts to hold the outfit back, usually by being incapable of adapting to the evolving market? If they don't die you have to sack them c.
    Yes. We have disagreed on this point for however long you've wanted him gone, 10 years or so. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

It doesn't matter, honestly. I don't have the power to sack him, you don't need to convince me

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, I don't think it is worth that. Would be more exciting than this though wouldn't it?

I would settle for failing in a different way. Anything, just anything that feels like a film I haven't seen before.

I could take that if it weren't for Tottenham being in the ascendant, which makes things much more awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Ospina, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Koscielny and Mustafi were prepared to work up a sweat; the rest of them, not at all. Sanchez' arm-waving and sulking is all about Sanchez, nothing to do with the team. Iwobi sort of hung out with Gibbs in an approximate left back position as if to give him some support, but when the ball went there, did nothing at all to interfere with Robben and Lahm. Xhaka and Coquelin seemed entirely uninterested in attempting to make a tackle. Ozil made Tony Cascarino appear perceptive.
    While running around to build up a sweat is admirable I am not sure it absolves people from utterly shameful performances.

Mustafi was terrible. Utterly fúcking terrible. While I appreciate the physical strength of professional footballers and perhaps some dark arts, his apparent lack of challenge on Lewandowski was shameful – and I say this while completely acknowledging the brilliance of what the Polish striker achieved. I am still unsure of what he was doing on the third goal. We are talking here of a 35m German international professional footballer.

Chamberlain I can kind of absolve as ultimately what transpired was not entirely his fault but one of selection, and here I admit that like many others I thought pre-game he should start in midfield. In hindsight I think we may have been better off playing a midfield player in midfield, as fúcking pyramid inverting that may sound. I liken his performance to the good old days when a keeper may get injured and we may chuckle as Niall Quinn or the likes pulled on the green. Yes you may get away with it for a game but ultimately you will be found out, especially if you play a very good team. He started okay and ran around, similar to Chelsea a few weeks ago he started okay and ran around but then as the game settles the opposition simply bypass him because he is not a midfield player and things which are coached and natural and second nature to midfield players are foreign to him. His dire circumstances exacerbated by having a midfield colleague who is a good player but is simply not good enough when faced with the very highest level.

And then the fúcking cherry on what was ultimately a cake whose main ingredient was shít we are losing badly, indeed we are being humiliated yet again, mentally shattered as Wenger himself admitted and we sound the sirens and call for backup, the cavalry as such.

And the cameras turn to Theo fúcking Walcott. And at that point Jesus did weep.

Perhaps we thought the game was over and instead we were going to challenge them to a race in a straight line.

Almost everything else you have said I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Is there a way to stick Wenger upstairs somewhere. He likes all the business end of things.

Let's keep him away from the transfer kitty though.
    No. He's a control freak. He'll be all up in the manager's grill and shït

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well, the only logical conclusion is that he either doesn't know what's wrong or he doesn't know how to fix it given that it's been happening for about 10 years in a row now.
    Well, for most of thoise 10 years he kept us near the top of the league and solvent with a budget of about 40 quid, a greater achievement that doubles and unbeaten seasons

Hold on, you didn't like the set list at Coventry? For You, Something In The Night, Youngstown, Murder Inc, Because The Night?
    I hated it. He has done Because the Night every time I have seen him (seven times). Its ****. Ditto Waiting on a Sunny Day.

Something in the Night was great, Save My Love was a nice touch but three of four nice touches in a 33 song set is not good enough.

Dublin was even worse. Aside from Independence Day it was horribly disappointing. At least I was so drunk by the end that I barely noticed Bono on stage.

It is money's horrible perversion of football that done it, b.

Third rate, second string bench warming ****s on £50k a week.

Kids made for life after two season's 'work', Ferraris for breakfast, etc.

I keep waiting for the bubble to burst but every season it just seams to get bigger and bigger.

I want my Arsenal / Football back, etc.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Yes. We have disagreed on this point for however long you've wanted him gone, 10 years or so. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

It doesn't matter, honestly. I don't have the power to sack him, you don't need to convince me
    10 years? I first called for his head when he sold Anelka .

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It is money's horrible perversion of football that done it, b.

Third rate, second string bench warming ****s on £50k a week.

Kids made for life after two season's 'work', Ferraris for breakfast, etc.

I keep waiting for the bubble to burst but every season it just seams to get bigger and bigger.

I want my Arsenal / Football back, etc.
    The paradox being, of course, that the only way you can get that football back is by walking away from it and refusing to keep funding the current model through Sky subscriptions, season tickets, merch, etc.