Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I reckon I've only ever been angered by 4 football matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, for most of thoise 10 years he kept us near the top of the league and solvent with a budget of about 40 quid, a greater achievement that doubles and unbeaten seasons
    Certainly He's something of a victim of His own method, as normally the club runs itself while the manager is merely expected to run the football team.

Managers deriving credit for maintaining a club's financial health is unusual.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Therein lies the problem...too many conflicts of interest and major step away from the careful coaching and man management that made him successful.

He says his job is to entertain but there wasn't anything entertaining about losing to Watford or last nights humiliation.

Board don't see it as an issue and wants him to stay because he keeps on brining in the cash with his 'entertainment'

He clearly loves the club and all that but things have gotten away from him...does he even still stay up at night wat high games from the Estonian 2nd division like he used too? probably not...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    .does he even still stay up at night wat high games from the Estonian 2nd division like he used too? probably not...
    He only did all that to avoid the wife, I thought, and she's gone now, ain't she?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well... God forgive me, but you really ahve to wonder
    It really was woeful, not really sure any of them could look AW in the eye today and say they gave it 100% (except LK6)