Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I reckon I've only ever been angered by 4 football matches.

I reckon I've only ever been angered by 4 football matches.

One I played in, for a team who thought they would lose and duly rolled over and accepted their hammering.

One was the Mike Riley show at Old Trafford.

Another was losing at home to Chelsea in '05, I believe. When Joe Cole scored their second, that game. On that evening we were clearly beaten before the first whistle. We lay down and let them have their way with us.

Last night goes on the list, and possibly near the top of it. I can't remember seeing a side accept their fate with quite such a degree of passivity. It was shameful, really.

Ospina, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Koscielny and Mustafi were prepared to work up a sweat; the rest of them, not at all. Sanchez' arm-waving and sulking is all about Sanchez, nothing to do with the team. Iwobi sort of hung out with Gibbs in an approximate left back position as if to give him some support, but when the ball went there, did nothing at all to interfere with Robben and Lahm. Xhaka and Coquelin seemed entirely uninterested in attempting to make a tackle. Ozil made Tony Cascarino appear perceptive.

By the time I am appalled by a lack of pashun, something is very, very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One I played in, for a team who thought they would lose and duly rolled over and accepted their hammering.

Another was losing at home to Chelsea in '05, I believe. When Joe Cole scored their second, that game. On that evening we were clearly beaten before the first whistle. We lay down and let them have their way with us.

Last night goes on the list, and possibly near the top of it. I can't remember seeing a side accept their fate with quite such a degree of passivity. It was shameful, really.

Ospina, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Koscielny and Mustafi were prepared to work up a sweat; the rest of them, not at all. Sanchez' arm-waving and sulking is all about Sanchez, nothing to do with the team. Iwobi sort of hung out with Gibbs in an approximate left back position as if to give him some support, but when the ball went there, did nothing at all to interfere with Robben and Lahm. Xhaka and Coquelin seemed entirely uninterested in attempting to make a tackle. Ozil made Tony Cascarino appear perceptive.

Has he 'lost the dressing room' and similar clichés?

Dear dear me Charlie. We seem to be doing an awful lot

of pants pissing this morning over the fact our team were beaten by one of Europe's top sides. Perhaps you would prefer the managerial acumen of Mr Sam Allardyce and perennial mid table finishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Has he 'lost the dressing room' and similar clichés?
    Well... God forgive me, but you really ahve to wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    of pants pissing this morning over the fact our team were beaten by one of Europe's top sides. Perhaps you would prefer the managerial acumen of Mr Sam Allardyce and perennial mid table finishes?
    U no read to good do u?

U no read to good do u?
    Oh calm down you miserable old cvnt. That was a perfectly good parody of you at your most pompous when anyone else gets pissed off with a hammering.

What next c - Wenger out?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Oh calm down you miserable old cvnt. That was a perfectly good parody of you at your most pompous when anyone else gets pissed off with a hammering.

What next c - Wenger out?
    Third in the league, still in the FA cup, it's hardly a crisis. But that display was really disturbing; something isn't right there.

Wenger knows. He knows what's wrong and he knows whether he can fix it. He'll decide.

Last night was just more of the same. Seen it a hundred times and it doesn't make me angry anymore. The 4-0 at an ordinary AC Milan side a few years back was much, much worse. The players genuinely didn't give a **** that night.

Third in the league, still in the FA cup, it's hardly a crisis. But that display was really disturbing; something isn't right there.

Wenger knows. He knows what's wrong and he knows whether he can fix it. He'll decide.
    Maybe we need a crisis. Would liven things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Maybe we need a crisis. Would liven things up.
    Be careful what you wish for :leicester: