Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candidates for the next manager - who are the front runners?

Candidates for the next manager - who are the front runners?

Who do you realistically think will be in with a shout once Wenger departs in the summer?

I keep hearing Massimiliano Allegri's name mentioned but who else is out there that could be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Who do you realistically think will be in with a shout once Wenger departs in the summer?

I keep hearing Massimiliano Allegri's name mentioned but who else is out there that could be available?
    There won't be any shortage of managers wanting to be paid £5-£8m a year.... we are a big club with money to spend, a top class manager will not take the job if the money isn't made available to spend.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Jardim seems to be doing very well with Monaco. Simeone is also worth a shot but he might have his eye on the Inter job.

Claudio Ranieri. No one has one the premier league more recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Claudio Ranieri. No one has one the premier league more recently.
    And there might not be any compensation to pay if he carries on the way he is at the moment....#cheap
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    There won't be any shortage of managers wanting to be paid £5-£8m a year.... we are a big club with money to spend, a top class manager will not take the job if the money isn't made available to spend.
    is Wenger the highest paid manager?

So that'll save the club a few bob.

Pray for Simeone o:

A case could be made for almost anybody really.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    A case could be made for almost anybody really.
    I want an old-school English manager the press all love just to see how long it takes before they all start slagging us off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Don't you think any and all of them (outside the obvious ones) look at our squad and think, "Tell you what, I could win the European Club with this lot!". Not because it's true, but just because that's the way managers think?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."