Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candidates for the next manager - who are the front runners?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I want an old-school English manager the press all love just to see how long it takes before they all start slagging us off again.
    Depends how he does, doesn't it.

In any case, I doubt there's any of them left. They is all Europhiles nowadays anyway. Or rather, the best English managers have long been considered essentially European in style and outlook.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Vieira and Bergkamp. The dream team.

If we can get him (obviously) it's Simeone - simples.

No lazy and populist "ex-legend" appointment, please - we need a new broom as Wenger himself once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Who do you realistically think will be in with a shout once Wenger departs in the summer?

I keep hearing Massimiliano Allegri's name mentioned but who else is out there that could be available?
    Rafa Benitez. Those old chubby hands will be needed to steady the ship while the board is restructured. Should only take about 3 years imo. Rafa can have a good old go at winning a Europa League or two, while we look around for a younger chap to take things forward. Maybe Per will be all qualified by then?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Rafa Benitez. Those old chubby hands will be needed to steady the ship while the board is restructured. Should only take about 3 years imo. Rafa can have a good old go at winning a Europa League or two, while we look around for a younger chap to take things forward. Maybe Per will be all qualified by then?
    I see Ozil's agent is slagging off the fans now. Saying Mesut feels he's being made a scapegoat. He's off, then. It's begun.

Mr Arteta to be unveiled in the summer :-/