Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The good news is that WENGER FC has won me some good miney this season, as

The good news is that WENGER FC has won me some good miney this season, as

I finally did the reasonable thing and placed a few bets against them. With manager and team being MORE PREDICTABLE THAN A HAMSTER ON A WHEEL, it really didn't take any remarkable betting nous on my part to guess which games would see this infamously brittle ensemble outfoxed, outfought, outplayed and quite often rudely humiliated.
    So I won a few quid here and there, enough to cover the studio/mixing costs of my band''s forthcoming single and fund a couple of great gigs, where everyone - band, crew, merch girl etc got paid what I always thought they deserved.
    I feel no guilt, because I find myself completely indifferent to this club at the moment, the football is stale and boring, often naive. The manager has long been out of his depth at the very top level (waiting for Monty to pop up quoting the 2-0 away win at Citeh some years ago, before classifying me as a moron
    I said a few years ago that his level in terms of trophies nowadays is the FA Cup and there's nothing wrong with that - he has a good chance to reach the latter stages of the competition once again, though I doubt that's what he dreams of at night. I bear no malice against this once great man, but wish he wasn't so brazenly arrogant, greedy and aloof. Just like his club - WENGER FC! However, when he uttered the idiotic BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR line, I'm not sure if any of his hardcore devotees realized how disrespectful that was to Arsenal FC and our history.

Anyway, I mainly popped in to see how everybody is - I sincerely hope you're all in good health, reasonably happy with your lives, still somewhat inspired and not yet LIMP AND FLACCID like Coquelin/Koscielny when they faced Eden Hazard! I send you my warmest greetings, you troupe of exotic ****s! PV

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vaessen's moment of glory View Post
    I sincerely hope you're all in good health, reasonably happy with your lives, still somewhat inspired and not yet LIMP AND FLACCID like Coquelin/Koscielny when they faced Eden Hazard! I send you my warmest greetings, you troupe of exotic ****s! PV
    Flaccid! As erect as a bull in a field full of randy cows.

I just want the Wenger era to close now. I don't give a fvck for top four any more. I want to go back to Highbury Hold me Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vaessen's moment of glory View Post
    I finally did the reasonable thing and placed a few bets against them. With manager and team being MORE PREDICTABLE THAN A HAMSTER ON A WHEEL, it really didn't take any remarkable betting nous on my part to guess which games would see this infamously brittle ensemble outfoxed, outfought, outplayed and quite often rudely humiliated.
    So I won a few quid here and there, enough to cover the studio/mixing costs of my band''s forthcoming single and fund a couple of great gigs, where everyone - band, crew, merch girl etc got paid what I always thought they deserved.
    I feel no guilt, because I find myself completely indifferent to this club at the moment, the football is stale and boring, often naive. The manager has long been out of his depth at the very top level (waiting for Monty to pop up quoting the 2-0 away win at Citeh some years ago, before classifying me as a moron
    I said a few years ago that his level in terms of trophies nowadays is the FA Cup and there's nothing wrong with that - he has a good chance to reach the latter stages of the competition once again, though I doubt that's what he dreams of at night. I bear no malice against this once great man, but wish he wasn't so brazenly arrogant, greedy and aloof. Just like his club - WENGER FC! However, when he uttered the idiotic BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR line, I'm not sure if any of his hardcore devotees realized how disrespectful that was to Arsenal FC and our history.

Anyway, I mainly popped in to see how everybody is - I sincerely hope you're all in good health, reasonably happy with your lives, still somewhat inspired and not yet LIMP AND FLACCID like Coquelin/Koscielny when they faced Eden Hazard! I send you my warmest greetings, you troupe of exotic ****s! PV
    You put into words what I've been thinking for awhile. Somewhere along the way it stopped being about The Arsenal for Wenger and more about his deep philosophy of the sport of soccerball. Arsenal has become merely the vehicle for him to put his theories in practice. He inherited a culture of winning by gut and tremendous will. Then he was limited by funds. But for the last four seasons he has had carte blanche to realize his beliefs and this is the result. A collection of skillful, yet spineless players that have no idea how to perform as one unit. Wenger obviously thinks that the Coq is some sort of defensive dynamo as he picks him every time -- demonstrating that he has no clue. At this point Wenger has really tarnished his legacy. I'm beginning to wonder if from 1998-06 he was just along for the ride!

Tonight showed that at this point even HE does not believe that his theories work. Asking this team that has zero defensive identity to sit behind the ball and defend in front of a roving, spastic keeper has to signal the end of the grand experiment in beautiful but gutless football.

Having said that, we're a lock for the FA Cup, aren't we. So very Arsenal.

Good to 'hear' from you, PV. Be sure to clue us in on when and where we can catch the new tune.

THOF had nice Arsenal themed tiles in the pissers too.

it is that lack of attention to detail nowadays that is not good enough imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”