Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wenger don't blame the corner decision please

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Howard Webb's view was that Ozil brought the ball back on the pitch. The replay that we saw gives no indication of this tbh. Not sure that there was a ball boy on the pitch, though.
    There certainly was - he ran on the pitch to collect the ball from Özil's feet - shocking that six officials didn't see it (not in anyway suggesting the result would have been different)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There certainly was - he ran on the pitch to collect the ball from Özil's feet - shocking that six officials didn't see it (not in anyway suggesting the result would have been different)
    Positive discrimination innit. The two officials behind the goals are actually blind, la.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Positive discrimination innit. The two officials behind the goals are actually blind, la.

What makes this tenuous argument about balls/ballboys and the second goal all the more embarrassing is that we got the rub of the green on at least a couple of very decent shouts for handball inside our box, either of which could easily have been given as penalties. Not to mention the rub of the green on two key decisions in the Hull game (Sanchez goal off his hand and Gibbs being allowed to stay on the field following his professional foul). Oh yes, and the rub of the green at the end of the Burnley game, with a penalty for a marginally high foot and with Kos coming back from an offside position in the same incident.

Wenger is a deluded old fool who wrongly thinks he does badly out of match officials. He doesn't - far from it.
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 02-16-2017 at 01:54 PM.