Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Cascarino.

Tony Cascarino.

He's a really, really unintelligent man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you listening to TalkSport again? I thought that, like me, you'd given that up a decade or so ago?

He is, along with the very annoying Mark Lawrenson, the resident football expert on the one and only radio station I listen to as part of my commute.

I think they are partaking in a secret mutual dumb-off.

I rarely bother to read his stuff in the Times. More so after seeing the headline on today's piece.
    I wish I could remember the line-ups he suggested for 2006 Champions League Final preview we were doing. I am not sure he got one Barcelona player in their right position. Might have got Lehmann and Campbell right for us

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He is, along with the very annoying Mark Lawrenson, the resident football expert on the one and only radio station I listen to as part of my commute.

Lawrenson should have kept the moustache. He's lost without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I rarely bother to read his stuff in the Times. More so after seeing the headline on today's piece.
    I wish I could remember the line-ups he suggested for 2006 Champions League Final preview we were doing. I am not sure he got one Barcelona player in their right position. Might have got Lehmann and Campbell right for us
    It still astounds me that The Times actually allow/pay him to write for them!! Would never have happened pre clickbait!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Two proud Irishmen there

I believe I posted on Facebook some years ago that Tony had written an article in the Times saying that if he had to choose between putting a particular Arsenal player and Mesut Ozil in the team for a big CL match, Tony would choose the other player because 'he has a goal in him'.

That player's name you ask?

Lukas Podolski

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are you listening to TalkSport again? I thought that, like me, you'd given that up a decade or so ago?
    Christ no. Just read his educationally sub-normal Times column.

If we are to win tonight we must drop Ozil and press.

Christ no. Just read his educationally sub-normal Times column.

If we are to win tonight we must drop Ozil and press.
    To be fair to Tony there has been more than one suggestion this week to leave out our best footballer.