Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Anaconda - Luis Anaconda – remind me of your belief that Wenger didn’t give

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I doubt Wenger makes selection promises to any player.
    So if you had to put your life on it, you'd bet that there was no conversation between Ospina and Wenger last summer in which Wenger indicated his intention to play him in the Champions League?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    So if you had to put your life on it, you'd bet that there was no conversation between Ospina and Wenger last summer in which Wenger indicated his intention to play him in the Champions League?
    While such a discussion may have taken place this was not the thrust of your argument which was essentially Ospina saying I am off unless .....

The concept of a reserve keeper putting such a gun to Wenger's head is laughable.

You're struggling - yet again - to follow the logical argument. I think it very likely that Ospina and Wenger discussed how much Ospina might play this season and that part of that discussion involved at least a mention of the CL.

I think it very unlikely - and this is what you were derided for - that there was a discussion in which Ospina indicated that unless he was the CL keeper this season he was going to leave.

I hope, but doubt, that that has cleared this up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    While such a discussion may have taken place this was not the thrust of your argument which was essentially Ospina saying I am off unless .....

The concept of a reserve keeper putting such a gun to Wenger's head is laughable.
    But a conversation to the effect of "I'm off unless...." may well have taken place. It's just the language that you insinuate I believe was used by the respective parties that is improbable.

That is still a reasonable assumption for me to have made, although by couching it in tabloid terms like '"threat" you've made it sound a bit like a conspiracy theory, which was not my intention.

I merely think that it's entirely reasonable to imagine that Wenger asked Ospina to stay and his decision to do so was made on the basis that Wenger said he'd be his CL keeper, subject to form. And I fail to believe you don't agree 100% with this.
    WHY ARE YOU BANGING ON AND ON ABOUT AN ALLEGED CONVERSATION OF WHICH YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE, YOU FÚCKING LUNATIC?

I put it to you that my postman, Richard, told his wife that he likes wearing his shorts during the winter and that no, his knees don't get cold. Actually that's wrong, he told her that he gets freezing in January and February and wants to wear trousers and she said, "Balls to that, we're not paying to dry clean your trousers, wear shorts." No, wait, what he said was, "Is there any chance of you learning to play the rusty trombone?" Yes, that's definitely the one, and I know this conversation took place because, like you, I make up entirely imaginary conversations in my head and then swear blind they're true.

Mental case.

Arsene says

"We have a rule that the keepers know. It's important to have clear rules like that. They know what the rules are for the season. If they change, I'll tell them.
    "It's down to performances. On what he delivered tonight, [Ospina] has the right to stay in the team for the next Champions League game (at home to Basel in a fortnight)."
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You're struggling - yet again - to follow the logical argument. I think it very likely that Ospina and Wenger discussed how much Ospina might play this season and that part of that discussion involved at least a mention of the CL.

I think it very unlikely - and this is what you were derided for - that there was a discussion in which Ospina indicated that unless he was the CL keeper this season he was going to leave.

I hope, but doubt, that that has cleared this up for you.
    But I think it's entirely reasonable to believe a conversation to that precise effect did in fact take place. It's only the language that you, SW and LA insinuate I believe was used ("I'm off unless...") that makes this scenario seem improbable.

But I think it's entirely reasonable to believe a conversation to that precise effect did in fact take place. It's only the language that you, SW and LA insinuate I believe was used ("I'm off unless...") that makes this scenario seem improbable.
    This thread must be up there with the most pointless load of old **** that AWIMB has had for at least a week.

WHO CARES WHAT WAS SAID OR NOT SAID
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

'only the language...I believe was used'

The language is awfully important, Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    WHY ARE YOU BANGING ON AND ON ABOUT AN ALLEGED CONVERSATION OF WHICH YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE, YOU FÚCKING LUNATIC?

I put it to you that my postman, Richard, told his wife that he likes wearing his shorts during the winter and that no, his knees don't get cold. Actually that's wrong, he told her that he gets freezing in January and February and wants to wear trousers and she said, "Balls to that, we're not paying to dry clean your trousers, wear shorts." No, wait, what he said was, "Is there any chance of you learning to play the rusty trombone?" Yes, that's definitely the one, and I know this conversation took place because, like you, I make up entirely imaginary conversations in my head and then swear blind they're true.

Mental case.
    Because it's a conversation that we all know is almost certain to have happened. A conversation between a manager and a goalkeeper strongly linked with a move away due to a lack of first team football.

And it is blindingly obvious that the subject of Ospina being our first choice CL keeper will have been discussed and the fact Ospina remains at the club is likely to have been influenced by that. Yet some still deny this.
    Last edited by Monty92; 02-15-2017 at 02:02 PM.