Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Luis Anaconda - Luis Anaconda – remind me of your belief that Wenger didn’t give

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    For the record I rarely listen to a word Wenger says, and when he does I rarely believe a word he says. Invariably I sense he talks an inordinate amount of bollócks, utter bollócks at that. Same as most football managers to be fair but he does it in a Gallic accent which some people confuse with adding more weight to his bollócks.

Here’s the thing, you are perpetuating an argument about an actual conversation or discussion that took place.

You were not present for this conversation. You have not heard a recording of this conversation. You have not read a transcript of this conversation.

None of us were.

Essentially you are yet again, and this is a recurring experience, making yourself look like a complete tool.

In summary. Shut up, for your own sake. Please.
    Sorry, you're complaining about a football fan commenting on a situation from a position of relative ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Does Wenger's statement about Ospina that "If you want to keep two world class goalkeepers you need to play them both" strongly suggest that he knew if he didn't play him in the CL he'd leave?
    On a side note - why do you think Ospina didn't play in the League cup games. I think it is quite odd that given the limited game time (a month between last Champions League game and FA Cup third round), he didn't want to keep Ospina in the loop. Not related to previous debate, just genuinely curious. Suppose argument is to give Martinez experience but at the expense of Ospina getting games, is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    On a side note - why do you think Ospina didn't play in the League cup games. I think it is quite odd that given the limited game time (a month between last Champions League game and FA Cup third round), he didn't want to keep Ospina in the loop. Not related to previous debate, just genuinely curious. Suppose argument is to give Martinez experience but at the expense of Ospina getting games, is it worth it?
    I suspect Martinez told him he was off unless he promised to play him in the domestic cups.

Plausible?

I suspect Martinez told him he was off unless he promised to play him in the domestic cups.

Plausible?
    Of course that's entirely plausible, if you temper the language. You act is if a low-profile player has never asked to leave a club due to lack of first team football.

Of course that's entirely plausible, if you temper the language. You act is if a low-profile player has never asked to leave a club due to lack of first team football.
    If you read again my frivolous post was not a request to leave but a statement of intent, a threat almost.

Low profile players don’t do that, in fact can’t do that – unless of course it is the end of their deal.

If you read again my frivolous post was not a request to leave but a statement of intent, a threat almost.

Low profile players don’t do that, in fact can’t do that – unless of course it is the end of their deal.
    I would say that even high profile players don't "threaten" to leave, using that kind of language. I'm sure in the vast, vast majority of cases, these conversations are had in an entirely amicable and non-confrontational atmosphere, often between agent and manager, because generally speaking getting what you want is made easier by staying on good terms with whoever stands in your way.

But ultimately it all adds up to the same thing, and in ospina's case, that is "play me in the CL or i'm off", as indicated by Wenger's quotes about needing to play both goalkeepers if you're going to keep them both.
    Last edited by Monty92; 02-15-2017 at 03:11 PM.

I would say that even high profile players don't "threaten" to leave, using that kind of language. I'm sure in the vast, vast majority of cases, these conversations are had in an entirely amicable and non-confrontational atmosphere, often between agent and manager, because generally speaking getting what you want is made easier by staying on good terms with whoever stands in your way.

But ultimately it all adds up to the same thing, and in ospina's case, that is "play me in the CL or i'm off", as indicated by Wenger's quotes about needing to play both goalkeepers if you're going to keep them both.
    So a keeper would be happy to stay for a guaranteed 6 games in a season???
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Oh sweet Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So a keeper would be happy to stay for a guaranteed 6 games in a season???
    I don't know if he would be "happy", but perhaps sufficiently placated to stay? Perhaps he felt he could push Cech this season if he can impress enough in the CL, which is pretty much what is happening.

I don't know if he would be "happy", but perhaps sufficiently placated to stay? Perhaps he felt he could push Cech this season if he can impress enough in the CL, which is pretty much what is happening.
    I find it hard to beleive that any player would be content to have only 6 games a season if he is a regular international...... and it is months since the last CL game and he hasn't had a look in at a PL game since I would suggest he isn't "pushing" Cech for a PL place
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar