Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Some vaguely interesting stuff on our errant midfielder here from his old club

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would imagine your weekend marathon walks out-do even the most ardent gym person in terms of cardiovascular emissions.

Wd walking. The singly best exercise a person can do.
    Planning on doing the Old Kent Road to Kent this weekend. London Bridge to Dartford, (mostly) along the old Roman road. Have already done the Edgware Road to Edgware (from Marble Arch), which is part of the same Roman Watling Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes, it boils my piss
    What do you consider a decent 10k time? I'm thinking of moving to 2 5ks and 2 10ks a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What do you consider a decent 10k time? I'm thinking of moving to 2 5ks and 2 10ks a week.
    well I have only run a 10K once since the marathon and my knees complained for 3 days.... 50 mins is a good time... between 50 and 55 gives a good workout without killing yourself
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

well I have only run a 10K once since the marathon and my knees complained for 3 days.... 50 mins is a good time... between 50 and 55 gives a good workout without killing yourself
    I was thinking that sort of area, thank you. Sounds doable, I'm running 23 minute 5ks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Planning on doing the Old Kent Road to Kent this weekend. London Bridge to Dartford, (mostly) along the old Roman road. Have already done the Edgware Road to Edgware (from Marble Arch), which is part of the same Roman Watling Street.
    Passing my old office above M+S.

I was thinking that sort of area, thank you. Sounds doable, I'm running 23 minute 5ks.
    I would have thought 60 all things considered.

20 mins here or there was very achievable for 5k when I did these things so allowing for natural tiring and slowing down with extra distance then anything around 60 is highly commendable.

I'm doing interval 5k training... 1min at 11kph and 1 at 13.... feel it is a better workout than just a steady pace

I'm doing interval 5k training... 1min at 11kph and 1 at 13.... feel it is a better workout than just a steady pace
    It probably is, but (whisper it) I'm having some initial, very, very vague thoughts of doing a half marathon. Next year. Maybe. Probably not. Almost certainly not, actually. Forget I mentioned it.

Anyway, I just want to concentrate on increasing distance but at a reasonable pace.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would have thought 60 all things considered.

20 mins here or there was very achievable for 5k when I did these things so allowing for natural tiring and slowing down with extra distance then anything around 60 is highly commendable.
    I wouldn't be upset with 60 but I'm used to running 5 23 minute 5ks a week, so I should probably be a bit quicker than that.

It probably is, but (whisper it) I'm having some initial, very, very vague thoughts of doing a half marathon. Next year. Maybe. Probably not. Almost certainly not, actually. Forget I mentioned it.

Anyway, I just want to concentrate on increasing distance but at a reasonable pace.
    I did a half marathon with no training when i was a lot younger.. 1:59.30 was very pleased with that, especially as I did it in my green flash trainers :ancienthistory: