Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir C, some words on Harrison Ford please.

Sir C, some words on Harrison Ford please.

Should he be allowed to fly? He seems a menace.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    What? Prevent noted septuagenarian marijuana enthusiast Harrison Ford from piloting aircraft? Outrageous! Political correctness gone mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Why does he seem a menace, b? As I understand it he landed on a parallel taxiway (which is almost certainly a parallel runway at other times.) It happens quite regularly, actually. On short finals one is often faced with two parallel strips of tarmac and, occasionally, one chooses the wrong one. Much blushing and apologising to the tower ensues and one gets on with one's day.

I once missed the airfield completely and landed in a farmer's field next door. Now that was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why does he seem a menace, b? As I understand it he landed on a parallel taxiway (which is almost certainly a parallel runway at other times.) It happens quite regularly, actually. On short finals one is often faced with two parallel strips of tarmac and, occasionally, one chooses the wrong one. Much blushing and apologising to the tower ensues and one gets on with one's day.

I once missed the airfield completely and landed in a farmer's field next door. Now that was embarrassing.
    I read he crashed into a golf course previously. That would be really weird a "plane" crashes you run over to help and it's Harrison Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I read he crashed into a golf course previously. That would be really weird a "plane" crashes you run over to help and it's Harrison Ford.
    :sigh: He didn't 'crash' into a golf course. He had an engine failure flying a WWll vintage aeroplane and successfully force landed it on a gold course.

He did bloody well, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    :sigh: He didn't 'crash' into a golf course. He had an engine failure flying a WWll vintage aeroplane and successfully force landed it on a gold course.

He did bloody well, actually.
    He's also done the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's also done the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.
    "Too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?"

I only discovered the other day that a sequel is being made. I expect I will be bitterly disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I only discovered the other day that a sequel is being made. I expect I will be bitterly disappoint.
    From the director who is also doing a Dune remake. His last couple of films have been critically acclaimed though - not caught either of them.

Did you catch the American Dirk Gently, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Is it a sequel or is it a reboot sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Did you catch the American Dirk Gently, btw?
    No. Where was it?