Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They always compare Arsenal and Barcelona style wise

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He is a talented player, for sure. We have an interest in a lot of players, I am sure, Draxler has moved twice since our supposed interest emerged and we have signed other players in his position. The fact that we have not made a bid in that time suggests our interest was minimal, yet that doesn't stop the predictable, pathetic sneering from 7 that we dithered over signing him
    I thought we did make a bid one January 'according to reports'
    Perhaps the price they wanted was not one we were willing to make at that time.

Which is fair enough.

He is a talented player, for sure. We have an interest in a lot of players, I am sure, Draxler has moved twice since our supposed interest emerged and we have signed other players in his position. The fact that we have not made a bid in that time suggests our interest was minimal, yet that doesn't stop the predictable, pathetic sneering from 7 that we dithered over signing him

I saw Arsenal based paranoia of new proportions last night when it was suggested that Wenger had sanctioned his arrival in Paris to precede his own arrival in the summer.

It was loosely based on how he sanctioned Vieira all of 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I thought we did make a bid one January 'according to reports'
    Perhaps the price they wanted was not one we were willing to make at that time.

Which is fair enough.
    If we did that was right at the start. According to Draxler there was a bid in January 2014 (again not confirmed by anyone else and hardly unknown for agents to lie to their players about bids such as this, particularly ones who are negotiating new contracts and lo and behold he signed a new contract with Shalke soon after claiming this). Rather goes against the claim of dithering, we made a bid, they turned it down, we looked elsewhere

If we did that was right at the start. According to Draxler there was a bid in January 2014 (again not confirmed by anyone else and hardly unknown for agents to lie to their players about bids such as this, particularly ones who are negotiating new contracts and lo and behold he signed a new contract with Shalke soon after claiming this). Rather goes against the claim of dithering, we made a bid, they turned it down, we looked elsewhere

All irrelevant anyway as Draxler has been replaced in his role of the brightest, shiniest German player by Sane, Kimmich and Weigl so even if we had bought Draxler all those years back he would have bought the wrong German.

Tough business this football management, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    All irrelevant anyway as Draxler has been replaced in his role of the brightest, shiniest German player by Sane, Kimmich and Weigl so even if we had bought Draxler all those years back he would have bought the wrong German.

Tough business this football management, trust me.
    There speaks an experienced man. Speaking of players we won't buy - Aubayemang's penalty That was so poor the keeper could have chested it down and started an attack

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The one we will hear from Wenger if we were to draw them again in the competition is how we almost signed Rabiot.
    Interesting player. He seems to be highly rated by some and yet I have seen him play games for PSG in the CL where his only observable skill was the ability to pass the ball to the opposition.

Perhaps I caught him on bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Interesting player. He seems to be highly rated by some and yet I have seen him play games for PSG in the CL where his only observable skill was the ability to pass the ball to the opposition.

Perfect replacement for Ramsey then?

There speaks an experienced man. Speaking of players we won't buy - Aubayemang's penalty That was so poor the keeper could have chested it down and started an attack
    I lost 3 players this winter break, and I only started with a squad of 11. Beaten only once from September-December, top of the league, now we are ****ed. I envisage banners and abuse.

Tough gig.

Wee *******s (their parents to be fair).

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Last night was arguably as fine a performance a I have ever seen from the lad though he was impressive v City last year also.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    From (admittedly shaky) memory the first leg á Paris could easily have been a similar scenario to last evening had certain players, especially Mr Cavani, had their shooting and other boots on.

"Could easily have" but wasn't. We could easily have won the second game and the group had they not levelled late on. But we didn't.