Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They always compare Arsenal and Barcelona style wise

They always compare Arsenal and Barcelona style wise

Looks like we missed out on a good one with draxler though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

3 ****ing 0

Palace could beat this lot...

I exaggerate somewhat imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

4-0. Puts some perspective on our two games with PSG. We came damn close to beating them.

To think we were only tracking the bloke for 4 or 5 years. From what the media suggest he was busting a gut to come here too. :dithering:

I was just looking at a preview of the Bayern game. "Cech or Ospina?, Gibbs or Monreal?, Xhaka might start"

Rearranging the deckchairs on Titanic imo

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    To think we were only tracking the bloke for 4 or 5 years. From what the media suggest he was busting a gut to come here too. :dithering:
    Of course, you realise he was injured for quite a lot of that and his form at Wolfsburg was dire as well. Could just be that we weren't interested in him at all and it was all agent/paper talk? No, that would be too hard to believe anyway

One good game against Barca hardly makes him a world superstar, anyway
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 02-15-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    4-0. Puts some perspective on our two games with PSG. We came damn close to beating them.
    From (admittedly shaky) memory the first leg á Paris could easily have been a similar scenario to last evening had certain players, especially Mr Cavani, had their shooting and other boots on.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    One good game against Barca hardly makes him a world superstar, anyway
    He is a a very decent player all the same, as well you know, though the jist of your statement regarding "one good game against Barca ..." is of course true. He has settled very well in PSG having totally lost his way in Wolfsburg so his form there perhaps can be overlooked to a degree. I believe the term is hit the ground running with 4/5 goals since Xmas.

I have to believe we were interested in him at some point in recent years if not the last window, the continued media links cannot all have been wrong. I have seen Ozil speak very highly of him, and indeed vice versa, to the extent to suggest they have a very healthy friendship through the national team.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He is a a very decent player all the same, as well you know, though the jist of your statement regarding "one good game against Barca ..." is of course true. He has settled very well in PSG having totally lost his way in Wolfsburg so his form there perhaps can be overlooked to a degree. I believe the term is hit the ground running with 4/5 goals since Xmas.

I have to believe we were interested in him at some point in recent years if not the last window, the continued media links cannot all have been wrong. I have seen Ozil speak very highly of him, and indeed vice versa, to the extent to suggest they have a very healthy friendship through the national team.
    The one we will hear from Wenger if we were to draw them again in the competition is how we almost signed Rabiot.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 02-15-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

He is a talented player, for sure. We have an interest in a lot of players, I am sure, Draxler has moved twice since our supposed interest emerged and we have signed other players in his position. The fact that we have not made a bid in that time suggests our interest was minimal, yet that doesn't stop the predictable, pathetic sneering from 7 that we dithered over signing him