Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I just met Eva Carneiro

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As general conversation with someone who knows you, yes. As an opening gambit to a relative stranger, however, it's bold, to say the least.
    Better if I drop my humour all together.
    When dealing with American colleagues they take very thing literally.

Or as they would say lidderally.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    A man said something similar to me in a kids' paddling pool a couple of weeks ago. He said he didn't have any kids, but just liked hanging around in children's pools. We both laughed and continued the conversation, but at no point was there any sign of him actually having any children in the pool
    Do you think this is how they meet each other? have a chat at local places and drop in a few weird phrases. 'I love this park, especially when the leaves blow past the swallows in Autumn'

We always hear of these nonce rings. How do they identify a fellow possible member.

However it is better not to give this too much thought as you mind end up in trouble :townshend: :research:

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    There is always a tension in the photocopier room imo.
    It's awkward slightly warm environment where there is a odd silence and evolves hanging around waiting for someone to finish.

I creeped out the young girl in the office I was waiting behind her and this other lady. the young won said you can go ahead of me if you like as I got lots to print. I said I have nothing to print I just like hanging around here.
    She took it all too seriously and gave me a look like I was a sex offender.

She still gives me a creepy look.
    Good man F, this made me chuckle.

Earmarking yourself as the resident office sexual terrorist is never a bad thing as long as you don’t act on it.

I worked once with a chap who used to comment on dark winter evenings that they were “perfect for stalking single women”. Not for him the bland normal conversation about weather. We of course laughed but then to a person turned away and secretly wondered if he was joking or not.

To the best of my knowledge he was never arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good man F, this made me chuckle.

Earmarking yourself as the resident office sexual terrorist is never a bad thing as long as you don’t act on it.

I worked once with a chap who used to comment on dark winter evenings that they were “perfect for stalking single women”. Not for him the bland normal conversation about weather. We of course laughed but then to a person turned away and secretly wondered if he was joking or not.

To the best of my knowledge he was never arrested.
    Sometimes, though, it's just seriously misjudged. I remember a chap whom I barely knew talking in detail about what went on at a well-known local dogging site to me in eye-watering detail once in a busy kitchen at work. The problem with this was that it made me look as though I was in some way part of his weirdness or that I'd expressed interest in this subject in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    A man said something similar to me in a kids' paddling pool a couple of weeks ago. He said he didn't have any kids, but just liked hanging around in children's pools. We both laughed and continued the conversation, but at no point was there any sign of him actually having any children in the pool
    I'm sure this was a similar incident on Not Going Out the other week, or some such comedy I was watching on a very hungover Sunday. Bloke probably saw it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm sure this was a similar incident on Not Going Out the other week, or some such comedy I was watching on a very hungover Sunday. Bloke probably saw it
    Or was a nonce and earmarked our resident author as a kindred soul.

As plausible surely.